January 13, 2015

Filthy Beautiful Forever by Kendall Ryan

4 Stars


I have been anxiously waiting for this one since I binge read the first three books back in November. I love the Drake brothers so when I saw this on my kindle yesterday morning I jumped right in. I couldn’t wait to see what was in story for Collins Drake.

Collins Drake likes control and order in his life. He doesn’t like to feel unprepared or at a loss, so he takes all necessary steps to ensure order is maintained. He lives in his beautiful home, runs his successful company, and is in a three year relationship with a supermodel. It appears everything is going according to plan until his first love returns - Mia.

"I exercise control over all things in my life…only my cock hasn’t gotten the memo. The selfish prick.”

Mia has pretty much hit rock bottom. She has been framed by her former boss for embezzlement, so she is jobless, homeless, and broke. They say when you hit rock bottom the only way to go is up, so Mia decides to go out on a limb and see her former best friend, the guy she had a secret crush on her whole childhood, Collins Drake.

Mia and Collins are not your typical love story. No they fell in love as children, at five years old they developed a bond and it continued to grow up until the point Mia’s family moved away when they were fifteen. Before moving away Collins and Mia pinky promised if they weren’t married by time they were thirty they would marry each other.

A lot can change in fifteen years, but sometimes things stay the same. That is the case when Mia and Collins reconnect. While their appearances have changed they still share the same unique connection. Things can’t be that simple though, Collins is still dating his long time girlfriend and Mia isn’t exactly in the best place. Finally, despite their best efforts Mia and Collins are not able to withstand each other.


I love stories of friends to lovers, especially when the friendship is formed at a young age with such innocence. Collins loved Mia, he protected her because she was his heart, his soulmate. When bonds are formed under those circumstances they are forever. Time can’t erase true love and friendship.


This story is a crazy quick read and I actually love quick reads, especially when they come with tons of steam. The downfall to writing a book about a couple I love is I just want more and more. While I can appreciate the lack of drama just for the sake of drama, I wanted more from these two. I wanted more background and to see things play out. I wanted to feel more of a connection between Collins and Mia, and while I enjoyed the story I didn’t fall head over heals in love with it.


I do highly recommend this one, if you are fan of the series. I loved catching up with the other Drake brother’s families and seeing how things were going. I am sad to see this end, even if I was late to the party.


No comments

Post a Comment