February 2, 2015

Falling for Jillian by Kristen Proby


4.5 of 5  Stars



Oh this story and the feels! This story touched on something very personal to me, so it effected me in a way it may not effect the average reader. That being said, I truly enjoyed this story!

After discovering her husband has been cheating on her, Jillian divorces him and moves back to Montana. Jillian’s marriage was never perfect, he was verbally abuse and ignored her, in addition to their fertility problems, but when she learns he and his new wife are pregnant it’s the last straw.

Now back in Montana she runs into Zach King. Zach King is a veteran and single father to a preteen son, Seth. First, can I just say I love hot single dads, they are my kryptonite. Not to mention Zach is just a good, caring guy.

In true Proby fashion the relationship between Jillian and Zach begins pretty early on in the book, which I loved. It isn’t a case of insta-love, no it’s a case of we are adults, are interested in one another, so we are going to pursue a relationship.


I love where things took off from here. Jillian is so damaged from her past and hasn’t felt real love. She doesn’t know what it is like to have a man truly want, need and love her. Zach is marriage was a complete sham, he spent most of it away on deployments and when he was home his wife was away.

This book is a little different because we also have Seth, he is preteen who up until a year ago lived with his neglectful and abusive mother. I loved the bond between Seth and Zach, but even more I loved how Jillian was able to step in and be a mom to him.


As the story progressed I just felt like everything came full circle. I love a sweet story and I feel like Ms. Proby writes the perfect sweet story, but this ending had me feeling so much. As I said this book may not effect the average reader like it did me, but I absolutely loved how things turned out. I highly recommend this story about three broken characters who learn to heal with love, time and compassion.


This is the third book in the Love Under the Big Sky Series, but they are all about a different couple and can be read as a standalone.

ARC kindly provided by publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

No comments

Post a Comment