March 10, 2015

Review - All Broken Down by Cora Carmack




4.5 Live the way you play… Stars

I love book about college students, football players, frat parties…you could say I was trying to relive my past, but who are we kidding I am a reader, not a partier. Instead, I like to read about them, so when I see books like this I can’t help but jump in. I really enjoyed the first book in the Rusk University Series and this one didn’t disappoint.

We met Silas in All Lined Up and even then I saw something in him, and I was so excited to get to read his story. Rusk University is a private college and most students have deep trust funds. Silas isn’t like every other Rusk student. No he is there on a football scholarship and when trouble finds him, or the other way around, he can’t buy his way out. Case in point, when Silas is arrested for fighting, he actually has to live with his consequences and spend time in jail/holding. While there he meets Dylan.

Now Dylan, is definitely not the type of girl you would find in jail. She comes off as a rich, uptight, princess who doesn’t have a care in the world. Dylan and Silas are both in jail, so despite their differences they have somethings in common: both felt their “cause” was worth the risk, and they are both attracted to each other.


Why, yes, he is. I actually loved this quality in Silas, he goes after what he wants. While there is an obvious attraction Dylan isn't interested in a one night stand, she is a relationship type of girl. A relationship couldn’t be further from Silas’s mind. While this should be the end for these two, since they both want different things, instead they decide to help each other and end up building a relationship.


On the surface these two may seem like polar opposites, but the more they get to know each other the easier it is to see they aren’t that different. Their friendship progresses and Silas continues to come onto Dylan, eventually they decide to be friends/date and have an intimate relationship. It always seems like a good idea in the beginning.


The thing I liked the most about this story was the message that things are not always as they seem, and despite appearances everyone is struggling with something. I loved how Dylan and Silas wanted to help the other and were selfless in their actions. This isn’t a story about a guy changing his whoring ways, it was more about both characters growing and maturing. I actually liked both characters throughout the story, and was able to understand their actions, even if I didn't agree with them.

I highly recommend this one and the series, if you are looking for a quick, fun book with tons of heart. I am hooked on this series and I can’t wait to see what comes next.


No comments

Post a Comment