March 12, 2015

Review - Confess by Colleen Hoover


My 5 Star Review


Confess is like nothing I have ever read before, it cannot be summed up in a few words. I have read a lot of books, but very few books have affected me the way this one did. I started this story late at night and within the first few pages I was crying and I knew this book would shake me to my core.


Auburn Reed has had an average life and you can definitely say things haven’t went according to plan. However, Auburn is one of the most resilient characters I have ever read and she isn’t going down without a fight. She is walking home one night in desperate need of a job when she stumbles across Owen Gentry, an artist looking for an assistant for his show.


"I’m pretty sure you just made determination my favorite quality in a person.”


Owen like most artist is eccentric and all over the place, but when he sees Auburn his life comes into focus. This isn’t a case of insta-love, it more about things lining up. He can see the life he wants to have, the life he deserves to have. However, he is also keeping a secret and it could destroy any chances he could ever have with Auburn.


When I read this synopsis I immediately thought this would be your typical romance story. Coming from CoHo I knew it would be written well and engaging, but I cannot express how this story is so much more. I feel like Confess took writing to a whole other level. I know that is a big statement, but when I read this I was captivated on so many different levels.

At the beginning you read that all the confessions shared in the story are real anonymous confessions shared by readers. So while I read this story my heart broke for these anonymous people who shared a piece of themselves. Anonymous or not it is such a brave act to give a piece of yourself away, but more importantly to admit your feelings.


Someone recently asked me what Confess was about and I was at a loss, because this story isn’t about one thing to me. This story encompasses so many different things: love, loss, moving on, growing up, acceptance, forgiveness.

When I finished Confess I had no one to share it with, so I had my husband read the prologue. I wanted, no needed him to see why this book completely owned my thoughts. Today, weeks later it still owns my thoughts. I think about these characters as if they are real. I think about Auburn’s strength and determination. I think about Owen’s compassion and unconditional love. I think about the people who wrote confessions and are struggling with their own issues, and I am reminded we all have something.


I cannot recommend this book enough. It has so much heart and soul, and the story is beautifully delivered.

As a reader you know we get asked all the time: What’s your favorite book of all time? I have had the same favorite book of all time for years, until now, Confess is now my favorite book of all time. I sincerely hope everyone who reads this enjoys it even a little as much as I did.



ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 







CONFESS
BY COLLEEN HOOVER

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Colleen Hoover, a new novel about risking everything for love—and finding your heart somewhere between the truth and lies.

Auburn Reed has her entire life mapped out. Her goals are in sight and there’s no room for mistakes. But when she walks into a Dallas art studio in search of a job, she doesn’t expect to find a deep attraction to the enigmatic artist who works there, Owen Gentry.

For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover that Owen is keeping some major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it.

The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…

CONFESS by Colleen Hoover
Atria Books | Paperback
On-Sale: 03/10/15
Paperback ISBN: 9781476791456, $16.00
eBook ISBN: 9781476791463, $7.99
320 pages

Enter for a chance to win! Visit Atria’s Tumblr page from 3/9 – 3/22 to enter to win and a grand prize of a signed framed print of one of the images in the book plus a signed copy of CONFESS or one of the runner up prizes of one of four signed copies of CONFESS.


About the Author:
Colleen Hoover is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Slammed, Point of Retreat, This Girl, Hopeless, Losing Hope, Maybe Someday, Finding Cinderella, and Ugly Love. She lives in Texas with her husband and their three boys. Please visitColleenHoover.com




Find Colleen online:
Twitter: @ColleenHoover
Instagram: @ColleenHoover

Get Your Copy Now!
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1ByXO2t
Books-a-Million: http://bit.ly/1v1oPJu
Google eBookstore: http://bit.ly/1uziFDT
IndieBound: http://bit.ly/ZoQqes

No comments

Post a Comment