March 1, 2015

Review - The Design by R.S. Grey



Title: The Design
Author: R.S. Grey
Release Date: March 1, 2015
Find on Goodreads



Synopsis:
Five minutes until the interview begins.
Fresh on the heels of her college graduation, Cameron Heart has landed an interview at a prestigious architecture firm.
Four minutes until the interview.
She knows she’s only there because the owner, Grayson Cole, is her older sister’s friend.
Three minutes.
For the last seven years, Grayson has been the most intimidating man Cammie has ever had the pleasure, or displeasure, of being around.
Two Minutes.
But the job opportunity is too good to pass up. So, Cammie will have to ignore the fact that Grayson is handsome enough to have his own national holiday.
One.
After all, she shouldn’t feel that way about her new boss. And, he will be her new boss.
“I’m not scared of you,” I said with a confident smile.
“Perhaps we should fix that, Ms. Heart. Close the door.”

Buy Links:



Excerpt:
I paused just outside of the front doors and took a deep breath, trying to get my bearings. I was twenty minutes early for my interview. My outfit was still wrinkle-free. My pad-folio was filled with extra copies of my resume and reference letters, and I’d rehearsed every possible question that Grayson Cole would ask:
Greatest weakness? My inability to settle for anything less than what I deserve. I’m stubborn and persistent.
The honest answer? My inability to overcome my schoolgirl crush on you even though you’re a self-righteous ass.
I would NOT be giving him the honest answer.



Author Info:
I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way, I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things... everyday.
I live in Texas where I spend my free time writing and reading. My favorite authors include Mindy Kaling & Jonathan Safran Foer. I'm a comedy geek and love all things "funny". Women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling are definitely the biggest inspirations for my writing, though I think my work tends to skew a bit smuttier than theirs.


Facebook | Twitter | WebsiteGoodreads

My 4 Star Review


Do you love a friends to lovers story? How about forbidden love? Then this is the story for you!

Grayson Cole has been apart of Cammie’s life for as long as she can remember. He is her older sister’s best friend and has always been there to help them through difficult times. Cammie has had a crush on her sisters older friend for years and he is the reason she fell in love with architecture.

Five years later, Cammie is graduating college and looking for a job when Grayson tells her to come in for an interview at his design company. Obviously Cammie needs a job period, but working for Grayson could change everything. The interview sequence is hilarious and it’s when I fell in love with Cammie. She is quirky, determined and sassy. i loved seeing how she stood up for herself and was confident even when she didn’t feel it.

"Oh my dear god. I now needed to change my panties too. Thank you, Mr. Bossman.”

The story then progresses as Cammie starts a new job where she is head over heels for her boss, Grayson, and also has to prove herself to her jerk of supervisor. Cammie is a very funny character and even during difficult moments she brought a level of freshness and fun to the story. Her inner monologue had me laughing out loud.

In the beginning I was sure how I felt about Grayson, he was so distant and cold. However, it didn’t take me long to l fall for the older, successful CEO. I couldn’t help but love a man who has looked out for and protected his friends. Oh and I loved watching him battle his feelings and then ultimately sneak around to see Cammie. Where Cammie brought an element freshness and fun, Grayson brought a serious protective side to the story.


The Design really hits all on all my favorites, it’s sexy, forbidden love, but also so incredibly sweet. In the end my only complaint was Cammie’s level of maturity. Overall, I loved Cammie, but as the story progressed I did get frustrated with her lack of maturity and her refusal to talk things out. I felt like a lot things could have been adverted or handled differently if she had been more mature and not ran away.


I highly recommend this story if you are a fan of friends to lovers or forbidden love. The Design gives you the best of both worlds.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.


View all my reviews


No comments

Post a Comment