March 16, 2015

Review - Stealing Rose by Monica Murphy







STEALING ROSE (The Fowler Sisters #2) by Monica Murphy
Adult Contemporary Romance
Release Date: 3/3/15


Purchase Stealing Rose

Amazon US  |  Amazon UK  |  Amazon CA  |  Amazon AU  |  iBooks  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Kobo  |  Books-a-Million


People say the youngest child has it easy, but nothing can be further from the truth. Unlike my two sisters, Violet and Lily, I’m never in the limelight. I just work my butt off for Fleur Cosmetics and get little to no thanks for it. I’ve been pushed too far one too many times, and I’m finally brave enough to do something about it.

Maybe my newfound courage has something to do with the amazing pink and white diamond necklace I wear to the party in Cannes. The instant those dazzling heirloom jewels touch my skin, they excite some deep, aching need inside. And when that guy—that totally gorgeous guy—locks eyes with me, I know this nice girl is going to be naughty.

For once it’s my turn. My turn to say no to my father, to outshine my sisters, to walk away from it all—straight into the arms of a mysterious stranger. But what if Caden is much more than I bargained for? Sure, he makes me feel sexy and free in a way I never have before, but there’s something else I can’t quite place—something dangerous. Maybe our “chance” meeting wasn’t so random. Maybe he was looking for me for a reason. Whatever his motive, there’s no going back now.

And maybe I don’t want to.



The Fowler Sisters Series



Available Now!



Coming July 7, 2015!

Preorder Taming Lily


Giveaway





About Monica Murphy


New York Times, USA Today and international bestselling author Monica Murphy is a native Californian who lives in the foothills below Yosemite with her husband and three children. She's a workaholic who loves her job. When she's not busy writing, she also loves to read and travel with her family. She writes new adult and contemporary romance and is published with Bantam and Avon.

She also writes romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.

                                                     



My 4 Star Review




Stealing Rose is the second installment in The Fowler Sisters series and this is the story of the youngest sister, Rose Fowler. Typically the younger child, the baby has the easiest life, often times spoiled and never held accountable for their actions. That isn’t the case here. Rose is more like the forgotten child. She has stayed out of the limelight and just focused on working her family’s business, Fleur Cosmetics.

Caden Kingsley is a thief. His father was a thief, too, only he stole from his wealthy clients. His father then committed suicide to escape being punished for his crimes. Since then Caden has been supporting he and his mom, but the only way he sees how to is to steal.


'I’m a sly motherfucker who tricks defenseless people and then I steal from them. I am a terrible person, a terrible fucking man.'


We meet Caden when he is attending a party in Cannes for the Fowler family. This isn’t a random meeting he is there to steal the Poppy Necklace, a very expensive diamond necklace. He knows one of the Fowler sisters will be wearing the necklace and he is surprised to learn it is the youngest Fowler girl, Rose.


These two have quite an encounter and Caden is completely taken back by the beautiful, forward sister. He leaves the party without the necklace, but when chance has them meeting again days later in London he develops a plan. Little does he know that he might actually like and fall for the rich socialite, especially when he learns she isn’t at all what he expects.


'But I like this one girl. I like her a lot. And I don’t want her to know anything about me. My truth is my shame.’


First let me tell you this story is smoking hot! I was actually blown away at the level of heat Ms. Murphy brought. My only complaint with the story is I would have liked to have seen more story. Don’t get me wrong, I loved it!! I would have just rather seen more of how things unfolded toward the end. I was actually left wanting more, so I hoping we see lots of more of Rose and Caden in Lily’s story.

I loved the concept of Stealing Rose, this story is perfectly titled and I love how Rose found her place. I loved both of these characters and how they were able to find peace with each other. This is a super fun story, with heart, and excitement I definitely recommend it.


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.


View all my reviews

No comments

Post a Comment