March 31, 2015

Review - The Virgin by Tiffany Reisz

My 5 Star Review



Paradise is not worth the risk.
Paradise is the only thing worth the risk.


I started this series last July and binge read them back to back until I was all caught up. Since then I have become a huge fan of Tiffany Reisz and these characters. I absolutely adore Nora, Soren, and Kingsley. Reading The Virgin was bitter sweet, because I know I am now only one book away from it all ending.

The White Series has been a perfect addiction to the Sinners Series as it fills in time we didn’t know all the details about. Nora has been our story teller and has taken us on all kinds of journeys, filling in all our curiosity regarding my favorite Sinners. The Virgin begins with the gang all together to celebrate a wedding.


The second I read those words my heart stopped. Which I know is completely crazy because I already know what happened and I already know the outcome, however, reading about Nora leaving Soren broke my heart again. It was twelve years prior when Nora decided to leave Soren and the life they had built together. Nora is on the run, but there is only so many places she can go without being found. So she visits her mother at the convent.

As you know there is never a dull moment with Nora around. While these scenes may not appeal to everyone, I loved Nora’s time at the convent. I think it is when Nora really came into herself and learned who she is and what she is capable of. I love that Nora found herself and I love the secrets and the past we learned about Nora, King and Soren.


“I think Mother Prioress thinks sin is contagious, and I’m a carrier.”

“We’re all carriers. Original sin, remember?”


Meanwhile back in New York Kingsley is leaving, too. He is heartbroken over the events that transpired and needs to escape. He sets out on a journey to forget everything and ends up meeting the woman that will change his life, Juliette.


I think a lot of times Nora and Soren steal the show, but I adore Kingsley. There is nothing I loved more than seeing Kingsley find his love. I love how things came about the story of how they met and fell in love. It takes someone truly special to meet Kingsley's needs and seeing more of him with Juliette made his story come full circle.

If you are a fan of the series I highly recommend jumping into this one. I have loved every book in this series. I love how Reisz uses symbolism and religion in her stories. Despite this being a great story I am forever humbled by how smart Reisz writing is. Nothing happens on accident, every person or scene has a purpose. As I said before I am so sad to see it end, but I the same respect cannot wait to see how the Original Sinners go out!



"I love you, Little One. Now and always. And nothing you can do will take my love away from you. I will never leave you. You’re mine now and always…"


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.


View all my reviews

No comments

Post a Comment