April 3, 2015

Review - Sweet Hope by Tillie Cole




Title: Sweet Hope
Series: Sweet Home #4
Author: Tillie Cole
Age group: New adult

Genre: Contemporary romance

Release date: 29th March 2015




Add to Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18759355-sweet-hope?ac=1


BLURB

From the USA Today Bestselling Sweet Home Series, comes Sweet Hope.

My name is Ally Prince and I've always been unlucky in love. I dont know why, I just always have.

When all of my best friends were falling for their soul mates in College, I was left behind. I was Ally, the pretty cousin of superstar quarterback, Romeo Prince. I was Ally, the best friend to the most amazing group of girls I've ever knowna title I loved, but one I became tired of 'just' being. And I was Ally, the one on which they could all rely.

But to me, I was Ally, the girl with the heart no one had claimed... And I was, Ally, the girl, who underneath it all, was heart-breakingly lonely.

I LOVE love; the thought of it, the nervous excitement of falling for Mr. Right, the desire of someone becoming my entire world... of me becoming theirs. Ive always wanted passion, heart-stopping, epic, life-changing romance... Ive always wanted the fairytale Ive always wanted it all.

It just never seemed like I would get it.

For the past few years I've thrown myself into my career as a museum curator. Im the best of the best, the person every museum wants to hire, so when an opportunity came up to move to Seattle, I jumped at the chance. My cousin and my best friend lived in Seattle and I needed a change.

I needed a new beginning.

I wasn't expecting to meet anyone in the Emerald City. I wasn't expecting to work closely with the reclusive new sculptor my all-important gallery design was centered around. And I certainly wasn't expecting to fall for him... heart-stopping, epic, life-changing love...
My real life fairytale come true.

But, like in every fairytale, theres a villain, a dark and tortured soul... I just didn't know that the villain and the hero in my story would end up being one and the same.

New Adult Romance Novelcontains adult content, sexual situations and mature topics. Suited for ages 18 and up.




AUTHOR BIO

Amazon & USA Today Best Selling Author, Tillie Cole, is a Northern girl through and through. She originates from a place called Teesside on that little but awesomely sunny (okay I exaggerate) Isle called Great Britain. She was brought up surrounded by her English rose mother -- a farmer's daughter, her crazy Scottish father, a savagely sarcastic sister and a multitude of rescue animals and horses.

Being a scary blend of Scottish and English, Tillie embraces both cultures; her English heritage through her love of HP sauce and freshly made Yorkshire Puddings, and her Scottish which is mostly demonstrated by her frighteningly foul-mouthed episodes of pure rage and her much loved dirty jokes.

Having been born and raised as a Teesside Smoggie, Tillie, at age nineteen, moved forty miles north to the 'Toon', Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, where she attended Newcastle University and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts honours degree in Religious Studies. She returned two years later to complete a Post-Graduate Certificate in Teaching High School Social Studies. Tillie, regards Newcastle to be a home from home and enjoyed the Newcastle Geordie way of life for seven 'proper mint' and 'lush' years.

One summers day, after finishing reading her thousandth book on her much loved and treasured Kindle, Tillie turned to her husband and declared, "D'you know, I have a great idea for a story. I could write a book." Several months later, after repeating the same tired line at the close of another completed story, she was scolded by her husband to shut up talking about writing a novel and "just bloody do it!" For the first time in eleven years, Tillie actually took his advice (he is still trying to get over the shock) and immediately set off on a crazy journey, delving deep into her fertile imagination.

Tillie, ever since, has written from the heart. She combines her passion for anything camp and glittery with her love of humour and dark brooding men (most often muscled and tattooed theyre her weakness!). She also has a serious side (believe it or not!) and loves to immerse herself in the complex study of World Religions, History and Cultural Studies and creates fantasy stories that enable her to thread serious issues and topics into her writing -- yep, there's more to this girl than profanity and sparkles!

After six years of teaching high school Social Studies and following her Professional Rugby Player husband around Europe, they have finally given up their nomadic way of life and settled in Calgary, Alberta where Tillie spends most of her days (and many a late night) lost in a writing euphoria or pursuing a dazzling career as a barrel-racing, tasselled-chap wearing, Stetson-sporting cowgirl... Ye-haw!



SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS




GIVEAWAY

Tillie is giving away a $150 Amazon gift card.





Excerpt

Entering the back staff entrance, I flicked my chin to the night security guard who was always at his desk. The guy ducked his head behind the counter to break any eye contact. He was terrified of me. Didnt surprise me; most people were. All except Vin, and maybe Aliyana. Vin because he wasnt exactly sane, and Aliyana? Fuck knows why.
Noticing the black curtains were shut, I then heard some Spanish-sounding pop music playing from inside.
Taking a deep breath and wishing to God Id had another smoke to calm me down, I opened the curtain and stepped into the gallery. It looked so different from last night. All the wooden crates and packaging from the sculptures were gone. Only my sculptures and the rigs to position them remained. Handwritten notes were scattered on the floor around each piece.
Hearing off-key singing from the back of the room, I followed the fucking brutal sound. As I rounded the corner, Aliyana Lucia was there dressed in an oversized white shirt, tight black leggings, pink Doc Martens, with her dark hair tied in a messy knot on top of her head.
I couldnt take my eyes off her.
But the outfit and her looks werent what had me entranced. She was holding a paintbrush in her hand, painting what looked like tester pots of tones of white onto the back wall, while shaking her hips, badly singing, Amor Prohibido murmuran por las calles. Porque somos de distintas sociedades…” in perfect Spanish. She was having fun, letting loose
My eyebrows pulled down. In all my life, I dont think Id ever been around anyone who ever just had fun. Id never had fun
An unfamiliar feeling of warmth spread in my chest as I stared at Aliyana. I watched her belting out the lyrics, her brush strokes keeping time to the beat.
For the first time in my life, I wanted to feel that happy. If only for a minute, I wanted to know what that level of freedom felt like. It looked nice Aliyana, standing there swaying her hips, not a damn care in the world, was like feeling a ray of light shining on your face when youd been stuck in a dark pit your whole life.

My 5 Star Review 

There is just something so beautiful and unique about Tillie’s writing. Whether it’s a motorcycle club, a college football player, or an troubled artist I can’t help but fall in love. 

I have liked Ally since we first met her in Sweet Home. She was the beautiful, popular cheerleader who was just a good person. She loves her friends, family and is crazy loyal, so I couldn’t wait to finally read her story. Speculating and guessing as to who her mystery guy would be was half the fun and I was so pleased to learn who her love interest would be. 
I had an insatiable need to know more. I didn’t know Elpidio, not at all. But something inside me wanted to help him heal.


Elpidio is a famous artist, but no one knows the man behind his alias. Ally is so excited when she lands the curator position for his show in Seattle. His pieces have inspired and evoked so much emotion in her, and she is in love with his work before she ever lays eyes on the man behind it. 

It is an odd feeling to have fans who love and adore you when you hate yourself and that is exactly how Elpidio feels. He doesn’t feel comfortable with his success, but it’s an unstoppable force. Like most artist, he didn’t get into art for the money or fame, it’s his way of working through his many emotions, mainly regret and fear. 

When Ally and Elpidio meet for the first time they have no idea their pasts are linked together. It has been a long time and they’re faraway from home. So without any outside influences they are able to get to know each other and form a connection. 


She was fucking perfection. She was light. A blazing golden light. When you’re locked in perpetual darkness, you’ll do anything to fucking chase that light.


I loved this time they had together, it was sweet and sexy. But what I really enjoyed was the build up, because as the reader you know their connection and can only speculate as to how things will play out. I was on the edge of my seat dying to see what would happen, wanting them to further their connection, but also wanting the truth known…I was torn. 

Sweet Hope broke my heart. I loved every aspect of this story. Seeing them meet and get to know each other was sweet and heartwarming. Then to see the aftermath of their identities, watching them fall apart and deciding on where to go next broke my heart. 


It was the most intense and meaningful moment of my life. Here, deep inside this woman who only knew the man I was now, not the unfeeling bastard I was before, was my more.


This is a story of redemption, forgiveness and love. Not just love between a man and woman, but love for your family and friends. I loved watching the love story, I mean that’s why I read books, but watching them grow as people had me full of emotions. Seeing the struggles and remains of a relationships, then to see them rebuilt…absolutely beautiful!

I am aware of the intense fan-girling I am doing over this book, but I absolutely love books that make me feel. I love a damaged hero and I love a strong heroine, Sweet Hope had both. I highly recommend this fantastic read. 


“I always wanted this. I always wanted this kind of love, this intense love… I just never realized it could be so much more… until you.”

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

5 comments