May 15, 2015

Review - Hindrance by Angelica Chase

My Review


Holy hell, what just happened??? Yes, that was my reaction when I finished Hindrance. This is the third and final installment in The Excess Series and I can honestly say I didn’t see this coming. 

Going into the final installment I expected some drama, I knew decisions had to made regarding Devin and Aiden. I assumed things wouldn’t be pretty, but I never expected this. I cannot say that enough.

Things start off as expected with Nina and Devin together. As you know this makes me super happy. I proudly wear my Team Devin banner. 


It didn’t take long for things to unfold and a hell storm like no other to rain down. This final installment kept me on my feet and even had me going to back to check what I had read. Heads up, reading this on a plane at 2:00 am isn’t recommended. I had absolutely no one to talk to about this and you need a buddy when things start to unfold.

I have to give it Angelica she went outside her comfort zone and dare I say flipped the switch on us. I was in shock and awe, a feeling I love when reading. When you read 300 plus books a year things tend to become predictable and I know I am not the best at guessing things, but I never saw things playing out this way.

My only complaint, and it is so minor I hate to even bring it up, is I felt this ending was rushed and I desperately needed more lovey time for our couple. This could definitely be just me, as I have said over and over again I was very distraught and distracted after things finally came into the light. I think it just left me a little needy for more. 


Angelica I have to give you mad props for writing the unexpected, for giving us an ending we won’t forget, and an awesome lead into your next story!

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments

Post a Comment