June 29, 2015

Review - Allure of Julian LeFray by R.S. Grey

Title: The Allure of Julian Lefray
Author: R.S. Grey
Release Date: June 29, 2015
Find on Goodreads
From: JosephineKeller@LLDesigns.com
To: LilyNBlack@gmail.com
Subject: Justin Timberlake Nudes!


Lily, you predictable perv. I knew you’d open this email faster if I tempted you with a glimpse of JT's “PP”. Well, put your pants back on and grab some bubbly because I have much better news to share.

I GOT A JOB!

As of tomorrow, I’ll be the new executive assistant at Lorena Lefray Designs. I am SO excited, but there’s one itty bitty problem: I won’t be Lorena’s assistant. I’ll be working for her older brother, Julian.

I know what you're thinking- "But Jo, what’s the problem?"

Google him. Now. He’s the man in the fitted navy suit whose face reminds you that there’s hope yet for this cruel, ugly world. Keep scrolling…Do you see those dimples? Yup. That’s the Julian Lefray I will be reporting to tomorrow morning.

Lord, help us all...

XO,
Jo 
I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way, I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things... everyday.

I live in Texas where I spend my free time writing and reading. My favorite authors include Mindy Kaling & Jonathan Safran Foer. I'm a comedy geek and love all things "funny". Women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling are definitely the biggest inspirations for my writing, though I think my work tends to skew a bit smuttier than theirs.

My 5 Star Review


I think some books have perfect timing and this was the perfect book for me this weekend. The Allure of Julian LeFray is a fun, sexy read and I enjoyed every minute of it!

Lily has just moved to New York City to pursue her career in fashion. She is broke, lonely, but resilient. Lily is a great character, she is the type of girl you want as your best friend. She is witty, fun and super genuine. When she runs into Julian LeFray at her first big fashion party she decides to step outside her comfort zone and introduce herself. 

Julian LeFray is successful businessman. He comes from affluent family and is very close to his sister. Now that his sister is entering rehab he is temporarily stepping up to take care of her fashion business. Julian is nothing like you would expect, he isn’t stuffy or unapproachable. He is confident and direct, but also comes across as a regular guy. 

When Julian and Lily begin working together the story really takes off and I was in love. I am talking goofy grin on my face, so excited to turn the page. I loved the chemistry between the characters and how they fought their feelings. Lily has so much to lose if she gives into Julian, living in New York and following her dream is a once in a lifetime chance. She doesn’t want her reputation tarnished with a scandal, but resisting The Allure of Julian LeFray (<- like that little play on words) is proving to be more difficult than she thought. 

Grey really hit it out of the park with this one! It is the perfect romantic comedy. I laughed out loud and swooned. If you are looking for a book with humor, sexiness and fun this is your book. I don’t believe every author can write humor without it being cheesy or over the top, but Grey definitely can. Highly recommend this sexy read!

No comments

Post a Comment