June 8, 2015

Review - Amber to Ashes by Gail McHugh



AMBER  to ASHES
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR

GAIL McHUGH




They were a storm I never saw coming, an unforeseen heartbreak on the edge of a dangerous cliff.

In AMBER TO ASHES (Atria Paperback; June 9th, 2015), Amber Moretti’s life changes in the span of minutes. An orphaned outsider, she is desperate to start fresh the moment she walks onto campus. In the time it takes to cross the university’s dining hall, she meets two men who bring color, air, and light to her darkened world.

They became my addiction, each a needle to my next hit, my high.

Brock Cunningham’s appeal is dizzying, a potent force Amber can’t deny. A green-eyed smooth talker, he instantly attracts Amber. It doesn’t take long for him to consume her every thought, her every breath.

Ryder Ashcroft, a blue-eyed, tattooed, and pierced bad boy, turns Amber off immediately—that is, until he kisses her, stealing a piece of her heart, her soul.

They were as opposite as fire and ice, yet I ached for them equally. 

Never knowing she could be broken down in so many unexpectedly beautiful yet petrifying ways, Amber finds herself falling for both men.

Immoral? Maybe. I say undeniable. Uncontained.

But one devastating event changes everything, shattering each of their lives...and Amber isn’t sure she can recover from it.

About the author:

Gail McHugh is the author of the New York Times bestsellers Collide and Pulse. She is the mother of three beautiful children and has been married to her husband for fifteen years.



Visit Gail online at:
Twitter: @Gail_McHugh










Order the AMBER TO ASHES paperback:

Order the AMBER TO ASHES eBook:

Enter the giveaway!
Enter to win one of ten signed copies of AMBER TO ASHES by visiting the blog tour rafflecopter!


My 5 Star Review


Amber Moretti is damaged girl, but more importantly she is a survivor. In my opinion, this girl is a rockstar. Herself awareness had me awe, she is the girl I wish I had been in my twenties. She is your typical girl, insecure at times, but she refuses to show weakness to her enemies. She was witty, lovable and honest. She didn’t set unrealistic expectations or play games, she was the perfect heroine. 

They were a storm I never saw coming, an unforeseen heartbreak on the edge of a dangerous cliff. 

Amber first meets Ryder Ashcroft when she trips and falls into his lap, loved this scene. He is egotistical, self-centered and hot as hell. He is the jerk I love to read about and holy smokes, this guy, I am in serious love. Ryder doesn’t make an apologies for who he is, but when he meets Amber there is just something about her. He sees his match. He sees past her facade to the damaged girl beneath. 

Where Ryder is the jerk, Brock Cunningham is guy next door. He is captain of the football team, wealthy, and an all around great guy. He is charming, engaging and endearing. When Amber meets Brock she is immediately attracted to the security he can provide, he is safe. She trusts that he wants more than one night and wants to finally open her heart up. 

What she never planned for, is falling for Ryder and Brock. Two best friends, one girl, and so many outside forces threatening their happily ever after. 


I had no clue what this story was about when I started it. I love Gail McHugh so I was “in" regardless. However, holy freaking hell! At first, I was under the impression this was your typical love triangle. It was a little slow in the beginning, but once the story started unfolding I was hooked. I basically read this entire story in one day. As the story began moving I couldn’t put it down, I never expected things to play out this way. 

The more I got to know the characters, the more I feel in love! Then the plot began to play out and I was in shock. My anxiety was at an all time high and I had no clue what would happen next. There are so many levels to this story, unfortunately I can’t go into all of them without revealing spoilers. So I will just say, this story has mystery, suspense, angst, TONS of heart, and is hot as hell. Seriously, so freaking hot!


Lastly, it is beautifully written, I could have highlighted the entire book. Gail tells this unique story with such heart and soul that I was completely enthralled in the story. My heart broke for the characters and I was seriously torn. Let me rephrase, I am still torn I have no clue how this story will end, but I am 100% in! I highly recommend this read! 


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

AMBER TO ASHES by Gail McHugh
Atria Books Paperback | On sale: June 9, 2015 | 480 pages
ISBN: 9781476766010, $15.00 | eBook ISBN: 9781476766041, $7.99
https://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/7e0813e14/

No comments

Post a Comment