June 1, 2015

Review - Captured by You by Amber Hart

My 5 Star Review 


From the very beginning my heart was in my throat. I was a nervous wreck to see how things played out in the jungle. For those of you who don’t know this series is about Raven, a girl whose father was killed working at a gorilla habitat in the African rainforest. While working there Raven reluctantly falls in love with the gorillas and a native poacher, Jospin.

Captured by You is the sequel to Until You Find Me and picks up right where Until You Find Me left off. Jospin has been exiled and Raven is staying at the compound, pretending to be with Clovis.


The story is told in dual POV, which is very necessary since throughout a lot of the story we are seeing two different worlds. Jospin is at the habitat, working, but also trying to uncover Raven’s father’s secrets. While Raven is working to overturn Jospin’s father’s business. I loved how we got mystery and suspense, because let me tell you I was a ball of nerves reading this. The jungle is a dangerous place and I had no idea what would come next or who could be trusted.


I thought I knew happiness before you, Raven. But I was wrong.


We also have our love story, because obviously that’s why I read – for my HEA. This isn’t your typical love story, but that is why I loved it. Loving each other is hard and requires a lot of sacrifices on both their parts, but loving each other is all they want. Jospin is so selfless and protective of Raven. His love for her is so beautiful and I loved seeing his feelings mature and grow.

This life is completely different than the life in Michigan Raven is familiar with, but she doesn’t care. Her love for Jospin, these gorillas and their habitat is greater than her fears. This Raven was so different than the girl we met in UYFM, but Hart did a great job showing a gradual change that felt real and genuine.


Lastly, this is a story of epic friendship. I am a huge animal lover and the love these characters have for the gorillas warmed my heart. It also made me want to do more in real life. I highly recommend this read, because to me it is more than a romance book. However, to sell you I will let you know it has tons of heart, lots of sexy times, and suspense to keep you dying to turn the page.


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.


No comments

Post a Comment