July 28, 2015

Review - Frisk Me by Lauren Layne


About FRISK ME
A long-time romance reader, Lauren Layne thinks the only thing better than reading about happy endings is writing them. She now pursues a full-time career in Happily Ever After, a job she's naturally suited for after marrying her high school sweetheart. A bit of a nomad, Lauren's lived everywhere from Orange County to Manhattan, and currently lives in the Seattle-area. Her hobbies include coffee by day, wine by night, and lots of writing in between. She's also a total website nerd and insists you check out laurenlayne.com!






About Lauren Layne
After a photograph of Luc Moretti saving a tourist hits social media, he instantly becomes New York's most famous and beloved cop. When a major network decides to run a special on the "American Hero," Luc's boss gives him no choice but to cooperate in the name of good exposure for the department. Luc doesn't mind the celebrity status-what he does mind is the gorgeous brunette journalist who's been assigned to follow his every move. Especially since she also happens to be the same knockout that rejected him rather publicly the week before.

Ava Sims is a woman who gets what she wants. And what she wants is to be CBC's lead anchor-but to get there, she'll need to nail the fluff piece on the playboy cop. Luc Moretti is everything Ava knows to stay away from: a stubborn charmer with a hero-complex. But the more Ava gets to know Luc and his oddball family, the more she realizes that beneath the swagger and the blue uniform is a complex man who makes her heart beat too fast. Soon, Ava's doing the unthinkable, and falling for the best of New York's finest 





Guest Review and Images by Lisa Jayne


FIVE OFFICER MORETTI STARS.

"I'd give up being everyone else's hero, if you'll just let me be yours.

description

For those that don't already know, (and I'm well aware that I'm not alone in this) I have a huge thing for an officer in uniform. Yes, I admit I'm one of 'those' women who will melt at the sight of handcuffs and those 'boys in blue'. Put together Romance, my above obsession and Lauren Layne (my favourite author of all) and I'm provided with the perfect opportunity to fall in love with a book that quite honestly had me wrapped up for four hours worth of perfect reading time. Officer Moretti was what romance dreams are made of, slightly aloof with a heart of gold (underneath his stab vest *sigh*) it doesn't get much better than this type of hero. And as for the slow burn chemistry and gorgeous story development well I can only admit that I was strung up on these characters and finding their perfect happily ever after. I won't ever complain about reading a Lauren Layne novel in fact I'm always left wanting more.

What's it all about?
Officer Luc Moretti is a man of the law who takes both his job and his ability to uphold the rules very seriously. With no room for any serious relationships, an overbearing but loveable Italian family and some unwanted heart break in his career the last thing this dark haired, brooding character needs or wants is the annoying but overly attractive Ava Sims meddling into his life. Ava comes on board to further her career when it becomes a hot topic to report his recent heroic acts on the job. But as this twosome begin to thaw towards each other and fireworks spark they have to walk that fine line between self ambition and giving over to the inevitable attraction between them. Follow the story of officer Luc Moretti and his stiletto wearing nemesis and find out who will win out in the end.

description

What did I love?
There was nothing that I didn't love about this novel. Heartfelt, utterly addictive and and wildly fantastic I could not get enough of Officer Moretti and his snarky reporter. This novel had a slow burn, adult feel to it with plenty of descriptive dialogue and comprehensive narration. I love how Lauren Layne pieces her novels together and this story was a fantastic example of just how a contemporary romance should play out. I loved the build up of relationship, and I also adored how the story line added a bit of everything to keep its audience interested. There was certainly enough romance, heart tugging moments and comedy to keep it all interesting and I also appreciated that there was just the right amount of angst and drama to give the story just the right amount of intensity. From Luc's interfering Italian family to the tear inducing scenes towards the end I could not have wanted more from this book and as for the couple in question I was fully sold on their story and once again I find myself applauding an author who quite frankly in my eyes can do zero wrong.

description

Final thoughts ...
I thought I had Lauren Layne all figured out. This authors writing style suits me to a tee and as I settled down to start this book I thought that I had this book cracked down and knew what was coming. How wrong was I? This author just continues to blow me away and with each book that Layne creates I fall more and more in love. With adult themes and a fullness to the story telling I could not have been happier to read and review yet another book by this author. What an amazing start to the 'New York's finest' series and I'm absolutely chomping at the bit to get the next book in the series that features officer Anthony Moretti. But what I really, really want (and I know I'm going to have to be extremely patient for it) is the book that focuses on Officer Vincent Moretti because I can already tell he's going to be the elusive hero that I'll be falling hard for. Until then I'll be happily re reading all my favourite parts about my darling Luc Moretti and making sure that I don't miss my Italian family too much. Don't forget to add this contemporary diamond to your 'to be read' shelves. Enjoy ... Kisses.




No comments

Post a Comment