July 7, 2015

Review - Taming Lily by Monica Murphy


We're celebrating the release of TAMING LILY by Monica Murphy! 


TAMING LILY (The Fowler Sisters #3) by Monica Murphy
Adult Contemporary Romance

BLURB:
I’m in trouble. Again. And instead of facing my problems head-on, I’ve run away. Far away this time, and no one can catch me—not my two younger sisters, Violet and Rose, not my father, my grandmother, or that witch Pilar who wants to take control of my family’s cosmetics company. Now I’m in Hawaii, enjoying the sun and sand and water, where nobody knows the hot mess known as Lily Fowler. And I’m loving every minute of it.

But someone is watching me. Following me. He’s gorgeous. Soon we’re talking, and against all my instincts, I reveal bits and pieces of myself to Max. It feels good, though I know he can’t be the man for me. These sudden feelings we share are way too complicated, too fraught, too intense.

Then everything explodes and I’m forced to return home. My intentions have always been true, but now everyone’s mad at me. I don’t know who to turn to anymore . . . except to Max. He’s the one I want to trust. But I’m not so sure I should. Maybe it’s worth the risk—what-ifs be damned. . . .










My 4 Star Review


I am a huge fan of Monica Murphy, I think I have read just about every book she has written. This series started out a little slower for me, but with each book I loved them more. This last book, Lily’s book, is my absolute favorite!



Lily Fowler is the oldest daughter, usually that means the most responsible or leader – not Lily. No Lily is full of drama. She has been known as the party girl and is known for making wreckless decisions. I loved seeing the real Lily and getting her POV.

The story begins with Lily on the run, we don’t know what has happened, but we know she is running from choices. Lily runs Hawaii and the majority of the story takes place at this fabulous resort on the beach. We quickly meet Max, a private investigator hired to follow Lily and get her laptop.

Max is the exact opposite of the guy Lily would normally go for, but once he saves her she is completley intrigued by him. Max, like most knows of Lily, but has no idea there is more to her than the tabloids tell. He doesn’t know that beneath the beautiful façade is a girl struggling.

Taming Lily is action packed and sexy as hell, no really, crazy hot. Max and Lily have tons of chemistry and there is enough angst and drama to keep you eager to turn the page. I loved how the story developed and we finally saw some conclusions with the Fluer Cosmetics. However, my favorite part was watching Lily and Max fall in love.



If you haven’t read this series, I highly recommend jumping in. Each book is about a different couple, but the backstory is constant throughout the books.


Giveaway




Direct link:


AVAILABLE NOW!

OWNING VIOLET (The Fowler Sisters #1) by Monica Murphy
Adult Contemporary Romance
NOW AVAILABLE: 
Books a Million: http://bit.ly/YUMZLj


STEALING ROSE (The Fowler Sisters #2) by Monica Murphy
Adult Contemporary Romance
Books-a-Million: http://bit.ly/17yNfVe


About the Author:


New York Times, USA Today and international bestselling author Monica Murphy is a native Californian who lives in the foothills below Yosemite with her husband and three children. She's a workaholic who loves her job. When she's not busy writing, she also loves to read and travel with her family. She writes new adult and contemporary romance and is published with Bantam and Avon. She also writes romance as USA Today bestselling author Karen Erickson.
Facebook | Twitter | Website

No comments

Post a Comment