August 17, 2015

Review - Sugar Baby Beautiful by JJ McAvoy

SugarBabyBeautifulTour

Publication Date: 21 August 2015 

Tour: Sugar Baby Beautiful by J.J. McAvoy

AmazonB&N

When twenty-four-year-old Felicity Harper is dragged to a sugar party, an event where wealthy men and women seek “companionship,” she never expects this one simple decision to drastically change her whole life. Her past is nothing but broken dreams and heartache. Her present is detached and dull. And her future? Well, before meeting Theodore Darcy, the famed film director, writer, producer and CEO of Darcy Entertainment, she would have expected more of the same. Love is just a fantasy and she wants no part of it—even if she can’t deny the undeniable attraction between the two of them. So their arrangement is simple: sex with no strings attracted. But as their intimacy becomes more powerful, so do Felicity’s demons. Can Theo really shoulder her past and his own? And could Felicity even let him?

Add to Goodreads

About J.J. McAvoy

65497_1541399449440285_8932564999068005789_n

J. J. McAvoy first started working on Ruthless People during a Morality and Ethics lecture her freshman year of college. X number of years later, she is an insomniac who has changed her major three times, and is a master in the art of procrastination. If you ask her why she began writing, she will simply tell you “They wanted to get their story out.” She is currently working on her next novel . . . so please bug her on Twitter @JJMcAvoy


MY 5 Star Review

Ladies and gentlemen, I read a lot, a whole, whole, whole lot. I love most books I read, I am a star whore, I can’t help it. HOWEVER, sometimes a book comes a long that I love so freaking hard I feel the need to shout it from the rooftops. This book!! People!!! I loved it! 

My favorite thing about blogging is getting books early, I am impatient. You want me to tell you the bad part, finishing a book no one else has read and NEEDING to discuss it with someone!! I have read two books in my life that I felt the need to tell my husband the entire plot to, and this was one. I will not tell you the plot as I did my husband, because spoiling this book would be a HUGE disservice to JJ and you!
“Not just any type of beautiful, but sugar baby beautiful.” 


Felicity is a beautiful girl and an extremely hard worker. At first glance that is all we really know about her. She is living with her two roommates and works an insane amount of jobs. She doesn’t care about material possessions, she cares about people. However her roommates are Sugar Babies, they provide services to the rich in famous in exchange for materials/money/security. That’s how she ended up a party designed to bring together the most beautiful people with the richest of the rich. 



Theodore Darcy, yes Darcy – I love it, is “attending” the party when he meets Felicity. There against her better judgment, so she decides to find a place to hide out. Theo later finds felicity playing the piano and is immediately taken with her beauty, grace and insane musical talent. She is so passionate about her music and Theo is entranced with her. 

Theo is Hollywood royalty and extremely wealthy. He doesn’t need to meet beautiful woman at a party, they flock to him, but Felicity isn’t like other women. She doesn’t want anything from him, accept maybe a physical relationship. Obviously, Theo decides he can give her just what she needs. 



Neither Theo or Felicity can predict what happens next or how their relationship would progress. Quickly, what started out as hot sex is so much more and I am not referring to insta-love. No, they both realize they have a lot in common and can help one another, and so their arrangement becomes more. 

From here the journey begins and I was hooked. I love a good romance story and I love a story about an underdog. This story has lots of twists and I definitely didn’t see things coming, but what I loved the most is the story of unconditional love. Unfortunately, a lot of people will never truly experience unconditonal love and this story reminded me of the value in that kind of love. Theo and Felicity are one of a kind and to most they don’t make sense, but their connection was absolutely beautiful. 



I have been a fan of JJ since I read her first book. I was blown away with her talent and ability to create these characters I felt attached to and worlds you wanted to be apart of. Since, I have read all her books and every time I fall in love. Sugar Baby Beautiful is not your average love story, it’s better. It’s raw, ugly, it’s true love at it’s finest.  

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 


No comments

Post a Comment