August 27, 2015

Review - Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines

My 5 Star Review


Growing up in the South I learned quickly that football was king. Whether it was high school football on Friday, College football on Saturday or Professional football on Sunday, when those leaves started falling and the air turned crisp – it was Football Time In Tennessee. It’s no secret I am a HUGE Abbi Glines fan, so a book about high school football by one of my favorite authors, I was dying to read Until Friday Night.


West Ashby is the start football player, popular guy, and appears to have the perfect life, but at home things are falling apart. His dad is dying and no one knows. Maggie is the new student at school, she is West’s best friend's cousin and completely off limits. Not that West would have a chance as Maggie doesn’t speak, at all. Since witnessing her her mother's death she hasn't spoken. 

West and Maggie are both trying to survive the heartache they were dealt and together they find solace. Maggie and West are both fantastic characters. I was able to empathize with them and felt connected. I loved the supporting characters and can’t wait to see how their stories unfold.


I didn’t expect to love this story so much, but I did. I didn’t expect a story about high school students to have so much heart, but it did. In the end, this is one of my favorite Abbi books! This story took me back to high school. While reading this story I thought of which of my classmates would have been each character. But what I liked best was the character growth, development and the way they supported each other. This book is a super fun read, has tons of heart, and reminds you of the good ole days. .

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments

Post a Comment