September 25, 2015

Review - The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry




Title: The Air He Breathes
Author: Romance Elements #1
Cover Design: Brittainy C. Cherry
Genre: Romance
 Release Date: September 25, 2015



Blurb

I was warned about Tristan Cole.

“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”

It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.

But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.

We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.

Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.








Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK






Author Bio

Brittainy Cherry has been in love with words since the day she took her first breath. She graduated from Carroll University with a Bachelors Degree in Theatre Arts and a minor in Creative Writing. She loves to take part in writing screenplays, acting, and dancing--poorly of course. Coffee, chai tea, and wine are three things that she thinks every person should partake in! Brittainy lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with her family. When she's not running a million errands and crafting stories, she's probably playing with her adorable pets.




Author Links

TWITTER

My 5 Star Review


I have to say my biggest fear is losing my husband. He isn’t perfect, but he is my soulmate and I can’t imagine a life without him in it. Thank God I haven’t experienced this type of loss, because reading about it nearly broken my heart in two. Not every author or story can make me feel the pain the characters are feeling, but Brittainy’s writing makes me feel everything. I felt their loss, their grief, and their doubts. I felt their love, their healing and their hope. 

"Sometimes the hardest part of existing without your loved one was remembering how to breathe.” 


Elizabeth Bailey is a single mother to Emma. When we first meet Liz it has been a year since her husband’s death and she is moving back to their home in Meadow’s Creek. Meadow Creek is a small community and she is immediately bombarded with nosey neighbors and caring friends and family. Despite being surrounded by family and friends she still feels this deep loneliness, an ache in her heart that won’t let up. 



Tristan Cole isn’t from Meadow’s Creek, it’s just the town he ran to when everything he loved was taken from him. His world was shattered when he lost his wife and son. His grief has turned to anger and he doesn’t hold back. At first glance it’s easy to believe he is just a grumpy, self-centered, rude asshole, that is certainly Liz’s first impression. She isn’t thrilled to learn Tristan is her neighbor now, nor is he pleased to see Liz and Emma next door. Tristan is burdened down by his grief. He has let his pain fester, has isolated anyone who cares about him, and is completely alone. 

There is this insane beautifulness to Tristan and Liz’s connection. They are both lost, lonely and searching. They are both grief stricken, stuck and terrified to move on, afraid to forget. They are stagnate in their lives and consumed by their hopelessness, until they finally accept help from each other. 



Tristan and Liz’s relationship was perfect. They are not your typical hero and heroine, they are two damaged souls in desperate need of healing. Together they help each other grieve and eventually move forward. I absolutely loved these two together. I loved how Tristan is damaged and afraid. I could feel Tristan’s pain and loss, and my heart broken for him. I loved how Liz was the light he needed, even in her own grief she offered a solace to Tristan.

"One must know what it feels like to be weak in order to really find their own strength.” 


The Air He Breathes was perfection on paper. It was devastating sad, but had these moments I found hope in. It was heavy and emotional, but had these amazing light, fun, humorous moments. Brittainy built this deep soulful connection between Tristan and Liz, and I loved it. But she also added in these perfect, fun, even crude moments that made me laugh out loud. I also love how she was able to captivate and surprise me. She delivered on all fronts!



When you are looking for a book that is hopeful, beautiful, uplifting, unique, emotional and sexy this is the book you need to read. I will never forget this story or how I felt when reading it. Definitely one of my Top 2015 Reads!

"Every second. Every minute. Every hour. Every day.”




No comments

Post a Comment