September 28, 2015

Review - The Allure of Dean Harper

Title: The Allure of Dean Harper (Allure #2)
Author: R.S. Grey
Release Date: Sept 28, 2015
Find on Goodreads
From: LilyNBlack@Gmail.com
To: JosephineKeller@VogueMagazine.com
Subject: You’re a flippin’ idiot


Good morning my dear, naive friend,

I hope you’re enjoying a breakfast of regret and sorrow.

Why?

Because you sent me to work for Dean Harper, aka a control freak in a tailor-made suit. Sure he owns the trendiest restaurants in NYC, but c'mon Jo, his ego makes Kanye West look like the Dalai Lama.

He's the type of guy that only hears the word “no” when it's followed by “don’t stop.”

Working for Dean Harper would be like selling my soul to the devil…and before you say anything, I don’t care if the devil has punch-you-in-the-gut brown eyes and an ass to match. My soul isn’t for sale.

Regretfully yours,
Lily


The Allure of Dean Harper is a full-length standalone romance with overlapping characters from The Allure of Julian Lefray. Both books can be read separately. Chronologically, The Allure of Julian Lefray happens first. 
I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things...everyday.

I live in Texas where I spend my free time writing and reading. My favorite authors are Mindy Kaling & Jonathan Safran Foer. I'm a comedy geek and love all things funny. Women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling are definitely the biggest inspirations for my writing, though I think my work tends to skew a bit smuttier than theirs.

my 5 star review

The Allure of Dean Harper was everything I hoped it would be and more. I completely fell in love with Dean and Lily in Allure of Julian LaFray. Dean is Julian’s sexy, successful friend and Lily is Jo’s beautiful, spirited bestie. Both Dean and Lily are in the restaurant business. Dean is ten years older than Lily and has established a successful career. Lily is twenty-three, just moved to New York City and is just starting out. 

Dean and Lily are perfect on paper. They have shared education, experience and passion for food/restaurants. They are both opinionated and outspoken. Their similarities make them a perfect match, but in reality they are combustible. Within in seconds of meeting each other they’re at each other’s throats, and that is before they even know they have friends in common. 



However, when they’re are forced to work together by Julian and Jo, that’s when things really pick up. Dean and Lily have this amazing chemistry and sex is about the only thing they do without fighting. Well, I wouldn’t go that far, but the fighting is more foreplay for these two. Their chemistry is off the charts, but opening up to each and trusting takes more time. 

"She was a force of nature, a swirling tornado that made me feel weightless and free…”


I loved Dean and Lily together. Like all Grey’s books they had me laughing out loud. These characters are just so likable and fun, they are the type of characters I wish were real. I loved how Lily was herself and never changed who she was to suit anyone else. I loved the character growth and how the relationships developed. I felt all these moments were key to the characters progression and I loved seeing them realize their feelings. 



R.S. Grey seriously knows how to write these fun, sexy, romantic books and I am seriously in love with her stories. Every time I had to stop reading, for work or you know real life, I was thinking about the story. I was so ready to get back Dean and Lily and see what would happen next. I cannot recommend this book enough, if you are looking for a romantic comedy type book, something light hearted and fun or a love to hate type of story…pick this one up! 



ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments

Post a Comment