September 2, 2015

Review - Manwhore+1 by Katy Evans

Manwhore+1 picks up right where Manwhore ends. I was actually very happy about this, it just felt like the next chapter. Malcolm and Rachel are on the rocks. She has written the article declaring her love and apologizing, but Malcolm doesn’t give his trust easily so his forgiveness won’t come easy.

Malcolm Saint is a force to be reckoned with and we definitely saw more of the real Malcolm. I truly love Malcolm as a character, he is the reason I loved Manwhore. I didn’t think I could love him more, but I did. Malcolm is this amazing guy who is willing to do anything to protect Rachel.


Rachel is a great character, but I was definitely more frustrated with her. She was very whiny in the beginning and pining away for Saint. Now don’t get me wrong, this is a usual reaction to losing someone like Saint. However, since she was completely at fault for her actions, I felt little sympathy for her. Saint is this huge presence and completely admired by pretty much everyone. So I was so annoyed that she didn’t seek out his help when her feelings got more serious in Manwhore.

In the end, I completely got their connection and them as characters. I understand they both have their short comings and Rachel isn’t used to having help or trusting men. Understanding them and their motives allowed me to truly love them together. They are the perfect match. Neither were looking for love or wanting the connection, but couldn’t resist the pull they had to each other.


I love Katy Evans writing, it is always sinfully sexy and engaging. Malcolm and Rachel’s connection is no exception, I highly recommend it!

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments

Post a Comment