September 16, 2015

Review - Screwed by Kendall Ryan

 
I have one rule: Don’t shit where you eat.Several of the women in the condo complex I own would love some one-on-one playtime, and why wouldn’t they? I’m young, fit, attractive, and loaded. Not to mention I’m packing a sizable bulge below the belt. It’s a combination that drops panties on a regular basis. Yay, me, right? But my cock, troublemaker that he is, has been confined to my trousers by my business partner. A concession I agreed to, and one that’s never been hard to enforce until Emery moves in across the hall. She’s smart, young, determined, and sexy as hell. I want a taste. I won’t stop until I’m buried deep inside the succulent new-in-town brunette. After being warned about my past, she does her best to steer clear, but I’m about to show her that underneath it all, I’m a guy with a heart of gold and a cock of steel. My name is Hayden Oliver, and this is my story. SCREWED is standalone romantic comedy by New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author Kendall Ryan.

 
 
 
 

Kendall Ryan is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance novels, including Hard to Love, Unravel Me, Resisting Her and When I Break.
She's a sassy, yet polite Midwestern girl with a deep love of books, and a slight addiction to lipgloss. She lives in Minneapolis with her adorable husband and two baby sons, and enjoys hiking, being active, and reading.
Visit her at: www.kendallryanbooks.com for the latest book news, and fun extras
 
 

My 4 Star Review


I feel like a stalker when it comes to Kendall Ryan. Her books are always some of my favorites, so I am constantly watching and waiting for her new releases. I don’t think anyone does sexy, sweet and easy breezy as well as Kendall. So when I learned she was writing a sexy romantic comedy book I was dying to read it!

Screwed is the perfect blend of what I love from Kendall, it’s sexy, sweet, but also so much FUN! Hayden owns the building where Emery just moved in. She recently graduated from college and accepted an internship in California. Fresh out of a bad relationship she isn’t looking for love, but is in desperate need of a friend.


Hayden isn’t used to being friends with women, but since he has vowed to not get his honey where he get is money he decides to befriend his beautiful new tenant. From here the story really takes off. The friendship and situations these two got themselves into made me laugh out loud. I loved that Hayden wasn’t going to back down and was hell-bent on proving he could be a friend to Emery. That's what made me fall in love with him, he really was what she needed at the time. She wasn't looking for another relationship, but was alone in a new city and needed friendship.

There is an obvious attraction between Hayden and Emery, but neither planned to actually develop feelings for each other. Seeing these two open up to each other and exploring their feelings gave me the biggest smile. I was giddy with excitement when they finally kissed and completely in love with them together.


I love books that bring out emotions in me and pull me into the story. Laughing is by far one of my favorite things to do and I love that Screwed made me laugh out loud and fall in love. I highly recommend Screwed, there a few writers who can make you laugh, swoon and sigh, Ryan is definitely one!

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments

Post a Comment