October 14, 2015

Hard to Break by Bella Jewel

Quinn isn’t your typical girl or even your typical tom boy, she is a mechanic. I love how Bella Jewel continues to write these strong females. That isn’t all that makes Quinn strong, what truly defines her strength is the way she takes care of her father. Since her mother died it’s just the two of them. Since he has turned to alcohol and his addiction has taken over his life. Quinn is left with burden of taking care of him, their house and his garage.

Tazen is famous in Quinn’s world. He is known for his world famous engines, race cars and skills as a mechanic. He is also gorgeous, to her he is the perfect man. That is until he comes into her life like a wrecking ball destroying everything in his wake. Tazen buys her family’s garage and fires her. Quinn won’t go down without a fight though, she is hellbent on proving she is just as good of a mechanic as one of the guys.


Quinn isn’t the girl Tazen typically goes for, but he is captivated by her. She is the opposite of his typical girl, but they actually have tons in common. I think that is where so much of the conflict comes from. I did really enjoy these two together, but I was left wanting. The story is told from Quinn’ POV and I just wish we had Tazen’s too. It would have helped me to forgive moments or acts if I had known where his heart lies. While I like Tazen, I just didn’t fall in love with him and Quinn as a couple as much as I would have liked.

This Alpha Male Series is super fun and I am loving how Jewel is breaking down gender roles. If you are looking for a fun, fast paced, sexy read I highly recommend Hard to Break.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments

Post a Comment