October 8, 2015

Review - Confessions of a Kleptomaniac by Jessica Sorensen

Confessions of a Kleptomaniac is a story about a girl who steals to give herself control. She isn’t poverty stricken or trying to fit in. No, it’s her biggest secret and she is so ashamed of herself, but can barely control her impulses. Luna’s parents are radical in their faith and believe Luna’s bad choices will lead to her demise. The problem is Luna is really a good kid, she makes good grades, is polite and friendly, and strives to be a good person.

Gray Sawyer is your typical popular guy. Gray is the star athlete, dates all the cheerleaders and is a bit of jerk to people “beneath” him. When you first meet Gray you quickly realize that may be his reputation, but he isn’t that guy anymore. He doesn’t judge people and is nice, but he is also very guarded and keeping secrets.


Luna and Gray develop a friendship when she begins tutoring him. Gradually they build trust with each other and begin opening up. Gray and Luna have a lot of friends, but end up relying on each other and not opening up to their other friends. I loved Gray and Luna friendship, then relationship, developed slowly. I felt like it was more realistic and allowed me to believe that their feelings were genuine.

I truly loved the friend dynamic in the group and can’t wait to read more about them. I loved how there was drama, but it wasn’t over the top. I absolutely loved Gray and his character. I love how between Gray, her friends and others Luna was able to have a family. The story had a quick pace and flowed easily from one chapter to the next. I enjoyed seeing both Gray and Luna’s POV. My only complaint is I would have like to have seen more of an ending or time with Gray and Luna together. Overall, this was a great read and I highly recommend it!

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments

Post a Comment