October 26, 2015

Review - Darkest Before Dawn by Maya Banks

3 - 3.5 Stars

The story begins with us meeting Honor. She is working in the Middle East at a clinic when it is attacked. She is left to try to survive and escape. That’s how we meet Hancock, he is sent in to rescue Honor but can he make the ultimate sacrifice and put her first? It is completely unlike Hancock to allow anyone in, but there is something about Honor that he can’t move past. Getting close to her could cost him so much more. 

I believe this is definitely a case of less is more. I love Maya’s writing, but found this story to be very wordy. I am not sure if Banks is trying to allow people to jump right into the series and understand things, but even new to the series I found it excessive. However, I think the plot was engaging and original. 

Thrilling, suspenseful, and original. I am a huge fan of Maya Banks, her books are unique and pull you in. Despite the story being a little wordy, in my opinion, I don’t want to discourage you from reading it. Once the story started to pick up I was completely in and really enjoyed the last 25% of the story. If you are a fan of Maya Banks and this series I have no doubt you will enjoy it!

No comments

Post a Comment