October 27, 2015

Review - Friction by Sawyer Bennett

I fell in love with Sawyer Bennett’s Cold Fury Series and have now become addicted to her books, so of course I was ready to jump into Friction. If you are a fan of sneaking around, stolen moments and forbidden love this book is for you. I loved those moments and trust me there is a ton of hotness, but when I learned Leary’s motives my heart was sold, too. 

Leary is an up and coming attorney, at a young age she already made partner due to her willingness to refuse defeat at all costs. She is also a beautiful woman who is used and willing to use her womanly charms to get her way. That’s how her and Reeve first meet, when she is playing/screwing with him before their moment in court. 

Reeve isn’t used to a woman like Leary and despite it being a horrible idea cannot walk away from her. Leary and Reeve begin a friends with benefits relationship, the only kind of relationship Leary does, while they work as opposing councils on a big case. Leary and Reeve have to decide what sacrifices they are willing to make to keep each other and still maintain their ethics. 

"There are some people you risk everything for."


Leary is a fantastic character, she is strong-willed and highly motivated. Reeve is a little straight-laced, but it was the perfect balance to Leary. I love how he was captivated by her and saw her for who she really is. I loved when Leary was able to actually open up to Reeve. The story, like their relationship started off smoking hot, but turned into so much more. I am already harassing Sawyer Bennett for more books for the side characters. This is a super fun new series and I can’t wait to read more!


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments

Post a Comment