October 5, 2015

Review - Irresistibly Yours by Lauren Layne


Enter to Win a 
Select Ebook Bundle from Loveswept


IRRESISTIBLY YOURS
Oxford #1
Lauren Layne
Releasing Oct 6th, 2015
Loveswept


Meet the men of Oxford magazine! In the first captivating spin-off of Lauren Layne’s Sex, Love & Stiletto series, a not-so-friendly battle of the sexes turns into a scorching office romance.

Hotshot sports editor Cole Sharpe has been freelancing for Oxford for years, so when he hears about a staff position opening up, he figures he’s got the inside track. Then his boss drops a bombshell: Cole has competition. Female competition, in the form of a fresh-faced tomboy who can hang with the dudes—and write circles around them, too. Cole usually likes his women flirty and curvy, but he takes a special interest in his skinny, sassy rival, if only to keep an eye on her. And soon, he can’t take his eyes off her.

Penelope Pope knows all too well that she comes off as just one of the guys. Since she’s learned that wanting more usually leads to disappointment, Penelope’s resigned to sitting on the sidelines when it comes to love. So why does Cole make her want to get back in the game? The man is as arrogant as he is handsome. He probably sees her as nothing more than a barrier to his dream job. But when an unexpected kiss turns into a night of irresistible passion, Penelope has to figure out whether they’re just fooling around—or starting something real.


BUY NOW
Amazon | B & N | iTunes | Kobo




a Rafflecopter giveaway


Lauren Layne is a USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary romance.  Prior to becoming an author, Lauren worked in e-commerce and web-marketing. In 2011, she and her husband moved from Seattle to New York City, where Lauren decided to pursue a full-time writing career. It took six months to get her first book deal (despite ardent assurances to her husband that it would only take three). Since then, Lauren's gone on to publish ten books, including the bestselling Stiletto series, with several more on the way in 2015.

Lauren currently lives in Chicago with her husband and spoiled Pomeranian. When not writing, you'll find her at happy hour, running at a doggedly slow pace, or trying to straighten her naturally curly hair.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads



Don't miss out of the Sex, Love & Stiletto Series 
where the "Oxford" guys first appeared!

AFTER THE KISS (Book One) 
KINDLE | NOOK | IBOOKS | KOBO

LOVE THE ONE YOU'RE WITH (Book Two)  
KINDLE | NOOK | IBOOKS | KOBO

JUST ONE NIGHT (Book Three)  
KINDLE | NOOK | IBOOKS | KOBO

THE TROUBLE WITH LOVE (Book Four)
KINDLE | NOOK | IBOOKS | KOBO


Guest Review from Lisa Jayne

FOUR OXFORD STARS.

"Weekdays, we’re colleagues. Weekends, we can be—” “Fuck buddies.” 

description

Sports themed? Romance? Opposites attract? Lauren Layne? Where do I sign up. Yes, readers I'm officially in sweet, fluffy cloud heaven and there was hardly a moment of this book that didn't have me giddy girl crazy with excitement. And this is just the beginning; Irresistibly Yours is set to be just the tip of the iceberg as my favourite author has planned a whole new series and if the rest of the books are as good as this one then I know I'm in for a huge reading treat.

What's it all about?
If you are already a fan of this author's work then I can only presume that you have already sampled her 'Stiletto series'. And if that is this case then you can only be ready to jump into this author's new spinoff series and be as excited as I was to join the crew at the Oxford magazine. In this new start to the series we meet Cole Sharpe the man who has been desperate to climb the Oxford ladder and leave his days of freelancing behind him. Convinced the job is already his, it comes as a shock as the attractive and determined, Penelope Pope breezes into his life and may just be the one who knocks him off the top spot. From day one, Cole can't help but be drawn to his competition and as the rivalry heats up so does their inability to stay away from each other. Jump aboard this brilliant tale of office colleagues to lovers and find out if Cole and Penelope both win out in the end.

description

What did I love?
I'm a bona fide, 100% committed fan of Lauren Layne. There is nothing better than the feeling of knowing that I'm in for a treat when I pick up a book by this author, and I get that excited feeling whenever I start a new book. Layne must have a secret ingredient that she adds to her work that makes me fall in love. Every single time I get wrapped up in her characters and the stories that this author pulls together and I'm certainly in no shape to ever want to stop my enduring love for these books. As long as Layne is writing, I'll be reading. 'Irresistibly Yours, is the perfect antidote for those readers who want to ease themselves into a sweet meeting of lovers. It has the perfect mix of comedy, naughty antics, romance and inter office hanky panky. The book offers a brilliant tale of opposites attract and work place frolics. I loved that the heroine was a talented go getter, with a personality big enough to match her aspirations and like always I can't possibly resist a hero that is as cocky as he is adorable. Lauren Layne pitched these characters just right and by the end of this book I had fallen hard in love for them as a possible couple. Heartfelt, dreamy, steamy, entertaining, sports filled and full of perfect romantic one liners once again, Lauren Layne had me wrapped around her romance writing finger, and I loved it. 

Why not five?
This is the hardest question to answer, especially when I hardly rate a Lauren Layne book less than a full five stars. 'Irresistibly yours' was all that I wanted it to be, it had everything that I normally love about this author's writing included, except for the feeling of missing out on that special spark. It took me a little time to warm up to the characters and then by the time i'd grabbed my reading Mojo I felt like the book was all over. Did I think the book felt a little rushed? Maybe. Would I have liked to have seen more from the characters? Yes. Is Lauren Layne my number one? Always. However, with all of the above being said this author consistently produces the quality romantic goods. I adore everything that Layne releases and although it didn't quite reach that five star mark this time, I'm sure it won't be long before I'm falling head over heels in love with another release from my favourite author. 

description

Final thoughts ...
Lauren Layne is my ultimate 'go to' author. This knock out romance author never gets it wrong, and I have to admit that once again I'm left weak at the knees thinking about the prospect of the other books that are to come in this series. 'Irresistibly Yours' can be read as a standalone, but you'd have to be crazy to not want to read other books by this author. With that being said my suggestion and best advice of the day is to go and add this author to your 'must be read right away' list, I can assure you that you'll be slaphappy after a fix of Lauren Layne and like me once you've devoured this particular book you'll be waiting just as impatiently as I am for book number two. Enjoy fellow readers, kisses. 

1 comment

  1. What a great review!! Thank you for hosting IRRESISTIBLY YOURS!

    ReplyDelete