October 26, 2015

Review - Pucked Up by Helena Hunting

First off this book is hilarious and made me laugh out loud multiple times. It also gave me severe anxiety because Miller always seemed to be putting himself in the wrong situation at the wrong time. He was just a magnet for bad timing and I was always a nervous about what would happen next. I am not a huge fan of angst, but was unable to put this down because I needed to know what would happen next!

We first meet Miller and from the first few pages I knew this guy was going to make me a little crazy. No matter where Miller goes trouble seems to find him. Up until now has never shied away from the attention he receives from the ladies and I knew this would be an issue. Especially since we quickly learn that Miller is trying to turn over a new leaf for Sunny, his teammates sister. 

Sunny is well versed in the life of an NHL player and is aware of all the temptation, watching her brother endure it. So she is incredibly skeptic of Miller and his intentions. But when he continues to show her he has changed and only wants her she begins to let him in, but not completely. 

Miller and Sunny are perfect for each other, but both have a lot of things to overcome and lessons to learn. I really enjoyed how this story turned out to be more than I expected. I was thinking it would be just a hot sport romance and obviously funny, but it actually had a lot of of heart, too. 


There were some moments I could have done without and times I wish things had been a done differently, but overall I really enjoyed this read! I definitely recommend it and can’t wait to read more in the series. If you are a fan of sports romances, hilarious laugh out loud books, and sexy as sin books pick up Pucked Up

Pucked Up is the second book in the Pucked Series, but can be read as a stand alone since they feature different couples. 

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments

Post a Comment