October 27, 2015

Review - Walk Through Fire by Kristen Ashley

First and foremost, Kristen Ashley is the absolute queen of writing. This lady creates unique, engaging stories that pull you in immediately and don’t let go. I have truly enjoyed all her books I have read, but this book just hit me in a completely different way and is definitely one of my all time top 5 KA favorites. 

Millie and Logan meet when they are young, in their twenties, and for three years have the most perfect relationship. For the those years they fight, love and grow together. They are soulmates, completely in love and planning to spend the rest of their life together. That is until one day when Millie unexpectedly breaks up with Logan and walks away. 

Logan Judd was no longer my business. He’d stopped being my business twenty years ago. My choice. I’d let him go.


Twenty years later Millie sees Logan again and her world stops. Not that she was truly living, but she feels this overwhelming desire to finally confess everything. Logan want’s absolutely nothing to do with Millie. He is still angry and allows his anger to dictate his actions. Millie and Logan battle it out, that’s really the only way to put it. Logan doesn’t trust Millie and after he breaks her down so many times she doesn’t care, she just wants things to end. 


This story hit me in the feels more than most and at times was just heartbreaking to read. I know this story is fiction, but with Ashley’s writing I felt it all and my heart. I honestly had to take a break my heart was hurting so bad for these fictional characters, I know I sound crazy, but it’s true. 


“I’m done walking through fire for you, High!” I yelled. “I’m done not because I’m done but because there’s nothing left of me to burn. You have it all! You’ve always had it all! I gave up everything so you could have it all! Please! God! Leave me to my nothing!” I swung an arm out to their table “And if you give one single shit about me, ever, make them let me have my nothing!”


Despite the heartache I loved this story so hard. I loved these characters. Millie is one of the most selfless characters I have ever read and I can honestly say I am not sure I could even do the things she did. Logan is hard at first, but once he understands things he is the perfect hero. Ashely completely sold me on Logan and Millie together, they are soulmates and destined to be together. 


The story is told perfectly in present time, while reflecting back to key moments in the couples relationship. This way we get to see them fall in love and also see how their lives developed apart. Kristen Ashley is crazy talented and we all love her stories, but in my opinion this story was just more. I loved it and felt every word with my whole heart. 


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments

Post a Comment