October 7, 2015

Review - Wrong by Jana Aston


WRONG

By Jana Aston
Romantic Comedy
Release Date 10-7-15



DESCRIPTION:
I have a history of picking the wrong guy. Gay? Player? Momma’s boy? Check, check and check.

Now I can’t stop fantasizing about one of the customers at the coffee shop I work at between classes. It’s just a harmless crush, right? It’s not like I ever see this guy outside of the coffee shop. It’s not like I’m going to see him while attempting to get birth control at the student clinic. While wearing a paper gown. While sitting on an exam table. Because he’s the doctor.  Shoot. Me.

But what if, for once, the man I’ve had the dirtiest, most scandalous fantasies about turned out to be everything but wrong?

Wrong is a full-length, standalone novel by Jana Aston




LINKS:
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1OdzfD7
iTunes: Coming Soon



a Rafflecopter giveaway


AUTHOR BIO:

Jana Aston works a really boring day job. Really. Boring. In her spare time she loves to read sexy romance novels, especially if they involve an alpha CEO. Wrong is her first novel.







Excerpt 
"Sophie, he's going to be back for more. Trust me."
I load a tray of cupcakes and slide them into the bakery case. "I don't know, Everly. He's really sophisticated and clearly lives a lifestyle a long ways from Cowbell Lane," I say, referencing my grandparents' home in Willow Grove.
"Bitch, please. The guy is pushing forty and you're a hot co-ed with a brand-new tight, shiny pussy. He'll be back."
My eyes widen. "Everly, Jesus!"
"Just saying." She holds her hands up in mock defense before breaking into a huge grin.
"You don't really think he's forty, do you?"
"He just turned thirty-six in August."
"How do you know that?"
"Google."
"You Googled him?"
"You didn't?" Everly looks aghast.
"Uh, no." Truthfully I thought about it, but I didn't want to get any more invested in him than I already am.
"Well, look what the pussy dragged in." Everly is smirking.
"Everly, that's not the saying. It's 'cat.' 'Look what the cat dragged in.'"
"Oh, I think I've got the saying right. He's here."
My stomach explodes in nerves as I glance towards the door. Luke is here. I wondered if he'd stick to his normal Tuesday routine and stop here for coffee. I've figured out this Grind Me location is between his Rittenhouse Square condo and the student clinic, but it's hardly the only route he could take or stop he could make.
My heart is beating so fast as I take him in. Is he going to speak to me or go back to just ordering coffee and leaving like he has the last several weeks?
He's in a navy suit today, crisp white shirt and a silvery blue tie. And then my heart stops beating so fast. There's a hand on his arm. I follow that hand to the redhead from Saturday night.

My 5 Star Review 

I feel like this book was written just for us, readers, it is the perfect recipe of all the things I love. A little angst, a little taboo, a lot funny, and a whole hell of a lot sexy. When I started Wrong I had no idea what it was about, but I was immediately engaged. I read this book in one sitting and didn’t want to stop for anything. Jana’s words immediately captivated me.

Sophie is just a regular college student at the University of Penn. Her mother died when she was young and she never knew her father. Since she was raised by her grandparents she has always felt this pressure do to do more and be better. She doesn’t want to burden her aging grandparents with more stress.

Luke Miller is just the hot guy who comes into Grind Me, the coffee shop she works at part time. Over the months her and her friend Everly have created quite the back story for this guy. They are completely hilarious and I loved how Everly pushes Sophie to interact with Luke, even if it is just for fun. I mean nothing could come from this Luke is much older and a complete stranger.


Sophie’s whole life changes when she runs into Luke during her annual exam, yes that’s right, Dr. Luke Miller. Turns out Luke volunteers at the Student Health Clinic and is her gynecologist. Aston created a moment that was cringe worth awkward, but had me laughing out loud. I was mortified for Sophie, but in love with the scene and dying to know where things would go.

Luke and Sophie’s relationship starts out purely physical, neither wanting more. Sophie is completely focused on her education and Luke isn’t looking for more. Despite their initial plan it doesn’t take long for things to progress and develop into real feelings. I loved these moments between them. Luke and Sophie together were perfectly mismatched, but fit together magically. Sophie provided a lightness to Luke and Luke gave Sophie a place to belong and security.


Wrong is by far one of my favorite stories. I absolutely loved the dialogue between the characters, it’s fun, smart and witty. I love funny, but I also loved how there was a seriousness to the story that warmed my heart. The story is told through Sophie’s POV, but we do get to see some of Luke’s thoughts in the epilogue and to me those moments were just icing on the cake. If you are looking for a book that is laugh out loud funny, swoon worthy sweet, and fan yourself hot, this is the story for you! I cannot recommend this story enough and I am blown away it is a debut novel for Jana Aston.


Side note: Everly is seriously one of the funniest characters I have ever read. I can’t remember a character making me laugh so much since Mal Erikson.
“It’s not stalking when we are meant to be together. I can’t help it that I imprinted on him when I was six.”


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments

Post a Comment