November 2, 2015

Review - Blood of Eve by Pam Godwin







Blurb


Two years into the aphid plague, there’s little hope left. Food and ammo are scarce. The mutated monsters are growing faster, smarter. And the ratio of men to women is millions to one. Mankind faces imminent extinction.


But Evie carries a cure for women.


Fiercely protected by three men, she sets out to heal as many infected females as possible. The journey becomes more complicated as her feelings for her guardians evolve, and theirs for her intensify.


When a voice from the past prophesies a solution for the dying race, she must make a choice.


Will she survive for love?


Or will she die for it?




My 5 Star Review

Blood of Eve is the continuation of Eve’s journey and survival living in a post-apocalyptic world. I don’t usually read these types of stories, but when Pam told me about the series she said there is romance and since I love Pam Godwin’s stories I figured why the hell not. I read Dead of Eve and immediately I was dying for more. That says a lot because these aren't little stories, but I was so completely involved in the story I didn’t even see it ending until it did. Now I have finished Blood of Eve and I have the same feelings, I just need more answers. 

Eve is this rockstar character, she isn’t like most heroines, she is strong willed, determined and a fighter. As we learned in Dead of Eve her blood holds the cure for the nymphs. She is also developing special skills to help fight the aphids. In world dominated by men, aphids, nymphs her blood is vital to the survival of humanity. Eve isn’t afraid of what will happen to her or where her life will go, her primary focus is on saving others, she is completely selfless. 

"You’re so exquisite and fierce. Raw perfection." 


Eve has three guardians who help protect her and facilitate her living out her destiny. 

"I’d chosen three men, the three I trusted with my life, but maybe I hadn’t made that clear. 'My body and my heart belong to my guardians.'”


Jesse is one the Lakota she first met when traveling across the United States, we later learn he was high level military and trained to survive, to go in unseen and leave the victor. Jesse, this guy just owns my heart. I love all The Guardians, but his fierce protectiveness and selflessness won me over. I love that he was able to connect with Eve on a whole other level since he could see her destiny. Annie brought him to Eve and I have just always felt this huge connection there. 

Roark is an Irish priest she met in the middle of her journey. He helps rescues her and becomes one of the first men she can trust outside of the Lakota tribe. Roark is sweet, funny and seriously just perfect. I love the humor and lightness he adds to the story, but he also adds a lot of depth with his emotions and desire to love and please Eve. 

Michio is a doctor and knows the most about the virus. I love that he choose Evie and fought for her when it meant his life. He like her other Guardians is selfless and will do anything to protect Eve. These men's lives revolve around Eve and not just for what she can do for them, but because of their unconditional love. 

For all my fellow romance readers, I have to tell you, Pam was right there is a TON of love and romance in this series. The love is unending, unconditional and unwavering. I don’t just mean the love between Eve and her Guardians, I am referring to the love all four of these people share. I love this story so hard and believe me my love was completely unexpected, because this isn't my typical read. But love is love to me and I absolutely felt the love and heart while reading this story.

"Don’t you know? You are my everything. My anguish. My heaven. There is nothing but you." 


I finished this story days ago and I am still thinking about the characters, moments and scenes. I am still smiling at parts and crying at others. I feel like I know these characters and my heart breaks with them. When they are at risk my anxiety raises. I feel what they feel. While this book is almost or about 600 pages when I finished I just wished it was longer. I can’t wait to see what comes next in Dawn of Eve!

"Peace didn’t come without tragedy, and love didn't bloom without pain."


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 





About Pam Godwin


New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author, Pam Godwin, lives in the Midwest with her husband, their two children, and a foulmouthed parrot. When she ran away, she traveled fourteen countries across five continents, attended three universities, and married the vocalist of her favorite rock band.


Java, tobacco, and dark romance novels are her favorite indulgences, and might be considered more unhealthy than her aversion to sleeping, eating meat, and dolls with blinking eyes.






Facebook → https://www.facebook.com/pamgodwinbooks
Twitter → https://twitter.com/pamgodwinbooks
Website → www.pamgodwin.com
Amazon Author page → http://www.amazon.com/Pam-Godwin/e/B00A3AF2LY
Goodreads Author page → https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6474204.Pam_Godwin


GIVEAWAY

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Dead of Eve (Bk 1)


Add to Goodreads → https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17130466-dead-of-eve


Amazon US → http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009V3V2X6
B&N → http://bit.ly/1lHxixk
iTunes → https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/dead-of-eve/id575946671

1 comment

  1. I LOVED Beneath the Burn by Pam Godwin and this series sounds very dark, twisted, and unique! Love your review and can't wait to read this. Also wanted to let you know that the rafflecopter link isn't working :(

    ReplyDelete