November 17, 2015

Review - November 9 by Colleen Hoover




http://enterprise.supadu.com/images/ckfinder/26/images/nicolepoor/49931-November-Nine-Blog-Tour-Banner-600x280-V1.jpg
NOVEMBER NINE
BY COLLEEN HOOVER

"November 9 is yet another breathtaking novel by Colleen Hoover that's full of blushing, gushing, and heartache. I loved every page and breathed in every beautiful word."
—Anna Todd, Author of the After series

Visit www.November9book.com for teasers, tour dates and more.

ABOUT NOVEMBER NINE:
Fallon meets Ben, an aspiring novelist, the day of her scheduled cross-country move. Their untimely attraction leads them to spend Fallon’s last day in L.A. together, and her eventful life becomes the creative inspiration Ben has always sought for his novel. Over time and amidst the various relationships and tribulations of their own separate lives, they continue to meet on the same date every year. Until one day Fallon becomes unsure if Ben has been telling her the truth or fabricating a perfect reality for the sake of the ultimate plot twist.

Can Ben’s relationship with Fallon—and simultaneously his novel—be considered a love story if it ends in heartbreak?

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Colleen Hoover is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Slammed, This Girl, Point of Retreat, Hopeless, Losing Hope, Finding Cinderella, Maybe Someday, Ugly Love, Maybe Not, and Confess. She lives in Texas with her husband and their three boys.

FIND COLLEEN ONLINE: 
Twitter: @ColleenHoover
Instagram: @ColleenHoover


My 5 Star Review 

November 9 is nothing like I expected, like all of Colleen’s books it can best be described as more. As recommended by my bestie I started this on a day I knew I could start and finish in the same day. I decided to start late on Friday night so I could finish it on Saturday morning. Yeah, that didn't happen. Instead I finished in the early morning hours with no one to talk to. I am going to give you the same advice, because as I read November 9 I couldn’t put it down if I tried. 

November 9 begins with us meeting Fallon. Fallon was a childstar before she was in a house fire that left her scarred and unable to continue acting. She is at lunch with her dad, also a former actor, and you can immediately tell they do not get along. She is bitter and hurt by his lack of regard for her. It doesn’t take along to see these feelings are completely justified. I immediately felt for Fallon and wanted more for her. I think that’s why I immediately fell in love with Ben.

Ben is a college student and overhears the conversation between Fallon and her dad. He decides to step in and “rescue” Fallon by pretending to be her boyfriend. In those few minutes he puts her dad in his place and makes Fallon feel more, that is all it took for this reader to fall.

My flaws are what wake me up in the morning and what keep me up every night. 


Fallon is moving to New York that evening, but it doesn’t stop Fallon and Ben from spending the day together. Ben is in school to be a writer and during their first date the discuss him writing a romance novel. It later turns into him writing their romance story. This first November 9th is when they begin fall for each other. Since they only have this one perfect day to go on they decide not to alter their lives. Together they come up with a plan to meet up again every year for five years on November 9. This will give them time to grow up and find themselves without giving up a possibility of something later.



Let me tell you I love this concept. I am the kind of person who always looks back on where I was at certain times in my life. I love seeing how my life, relationships and outlooks change as I get older. Naturally, I love the idea of two strangers sharing one day every year and seeing how things develop. I also love all of the romance/book references and how Fallon gets Ben to read multiple romance novels to help him with their novel.

Ben isn’t perfect, but he makes Fallon feel invincible and worthy. I love that about Ben. I loved how he didn’t see Fallon’s scars as a ugly, but saw the beauty in her scars because they meant she was alive. Ben helped Fallon see herself different and believe in herself. I loved that.



This story had me in complete knots and unable to breathe at points. The story takes off so quickly and before you know it you are halfway in and have no idea where the time went. This story takes getting lost in a book to a new level. I was in my little bubble loving life and then CoHo tore my heart out. Not literally, but it sure felt like it. That’s when I started texting my bestie and basically losing it. Only to realize it was two in the morning and I was alone with my thoughts and uncontrollable emotions. 

I can’t begin to explain how this book completely tore me up inside. Few authors deliver stories so beautifully written they feel real, therefore invoke unexplainable emotions and actions. This story completely broke my heart on so many levels. Then when I was finished I was at a loss and just wanted more.

“No combination of written words could ever do this moment justice.” 


I don’t even think I can say this story is different from CoHo's other books, because I think all her stories leave me with this feeling of aw and surprise at how incredibly talented she is. I did love certain points and aspects of this story more though. I loved the reading references and how it added a lightness to the story. I love the message of loving yourself and finding beauty in more than your physical appearance. I loved the message to follow your dreams even if the circumstances change. So in a way this story is more to me. As always CoHo hit it out of the park, I highly recommend November 9.



ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 


ORDER NOVEMBER 9:
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1gYxxak
Books-a-Million: http://bit.ly/1WGKE0y
Indiebound: http://bit.ly/1NHeBaQ


LOS ANGELES, CA
Tuesday, November 17th
CHEVALIER'S BOOKS
7:00 PM
126 N. Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90004

AUSTIN, TX
Tuesday, December 8th
BOOK PEOPLE
7:00 PM
603 N. Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78703
512-472-5050
http://www.bookpeople.com/

Now for the fun….the #November9 Contest!


NOVEMBER NINE
BY COLLEEN HOOVER
Atria Books Paperback | 320 pages | ISBN: 9781501110344 | November 10, 2015 | $16.00

eBook: 320 pages | ISBN: 9781501110351 | $7.99

No comments

Post a Comment