November 17, 2015

Review - Slut by Jettie Woodruff

Slut is the conclusion of The Twin DuetSuit left me completely speechless with so many speculations I was dying for more. For months, I have thought about this couple and the conclusion to Paxton and Gabby’s story. 


The story picks up immediately following Suit. Gabby is in jail and is still confused about who she is, based on her limited memory. So when Lane bails Gabby out of jail and offers her a little bit of help she takes it. Little does she know that this will lead to her meeting Nick and Mi. Nick is psychologist and hypnotists and Lane's partner, Mi is his girlfriend. While Nick wants no part in helping Gabby, Mi listens to Gabby’s story and insist they hypnotize her to see if they can help her. 

This relationship really leads to so many answers for Gabby and Paxton, since she still has no memory of her past. I won’t go into how things are revealed and discovered, because it would be a disadvantage to reveal how things unfold. 


I think I was alone when I said I was a Paxton fan, even when I didn’t know his past I felt his intentions were somewhat in the right place. I completely stand by that statement. I am not saying he is perfect, he definitely isn’t, but I enjoyed seeing his character develop and grow through the duet. 


You do. You make me want to be a better person. Tell me you love me, Gabriella.


Gabby is a bit of a mess and my heart really broke for her throughout the story. I can’t imagine losing so much, so quickly. She lost her identity, the life she knew, and her family. Jettie doesn’t write perfect characters, her characters are flawed, but have these redeeming qualities you can’t help but cheer for. I was definitely rooting for Gabby and Paxton. 

This is seriously one of my most anticipated conclusions this year. Not knowing how things would unfold drove me crazy and I couldn’t wait to dive into this story. I did end up truly enjoying the conclusion, but I can honestly say I just wanted more. I felt like we still have some things left unanswered and I wanted more a definite conclusion. I understand not all secrets will be revealed, but as a reader I felt a little cheated not knowing. I did read that Jettie is writing a novella to accompany the story and I am so looking forward to it. 

The unanswered questions is really my only issue, but even then I still highly recommend this read. It is sexy as hell, raw, suspenseful and entertaining. I seriously enjoyed this duet, highly recommend!

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete