November 25, 2015

Review - Steal Me by Lauren Layne





About STEAL ME
Being a cop might be in Anthony Moretti's blood, but protecting and serving the city of New York has always been more than just the family business. If that means his love life stays locked up, well then that's just another sacrifice made in the line of duty. That is, until he sets eyes on the gorgeous new waitress at The Darby Diner and suddenly Anthony's morning coffee is leaving him a whole lot more hot and bothered than usual.

Though waitressing at The Darby isn't exactly Maggie Walker's dream job, it pays the bills and gives her time to work on her novel. Now if only she could stop fantasizing about gorgeous Anthony Moretti every time he sits down at her table, she'd really be in great shape. But when he needs her help identifying a criminal threatening The Darby-and Maggie recognizes her ex-husband-she fears her fresh start might be a pipe dream. Faster than a New York minute, Maggie and Anthony find themselves in one perilous pursuit that only gets hotter with each and every rule-breaking kiss.


Lisa Jayne's Review
FOUR CAPTAIN MORETTI STARS

"She wanted him. All of him. Always."

description

This novel boasted the best in pure, undiluted, Lauren Layne style sexual tension. The lust combined with the sweet was the perfect style for me to get lost into with this latest by my favourite author. When I first 'met' the Moretti brothers in book one of this new series by Lauren Layne, I already found myself predicting this would be a series that I would happily find myself overly giddy with romantic feelings about and I'm glad to say that my predictions haven't been wrong for this author yet.

What's it all about?
Captain Anthony Moretti is more than happy at the prospect of staying married to his career and never giving love a chance to take up the spotlight in his life. Not once questioning that he is building a lonely life for himself, nothing surprises him more when a local waitress grabs his attention. Maggie walker can't understand why the moody captain is able to have such an effect on her, especially when said person hardly even takes the time to be friendly to her let alone be the next candidate for boyfriend material. Not ready to face her feelings for this Moretti brother it comes as a huge surprise when their lives, by pure coincidence get entangled together and this beauty has to decide whether it's worth the chance at giving away her heart. Follow this next heart stopping instalment in the New Yorks Finest series by the talented Lauren Layne and prepare yourself to fall for yet another Moretti brother.

description

What did I love?
I'm nuts about this author, that I can't hide. But what made me crazy about this book, you may ask? To start with this book hosted my favourite kind of hero; the grumpy, slightly clueless about love alpha who gets smacked in the face with the reality of finding a woman who he can't live life without. And if the fabulous hero status wasn't enough the heroine is also pretty much loveable all in her own right. Independent, selfless and ready to take on this moody New York police department captain. To be certain this book was all that I desire in a classic Lauren Layne style romantic romp and it featured all the brilliant family members that I loved so much from book one of the series. All in all there was not much not to adore about this book and I have near to none complaints about what turned out to be a well plotted, seriously heart racing romantic journey.

Why not five?
It's rare that I give this author's work less than a raving five star review, but here it is readers a four star for my number one author. However, it's nothing to cry into your daily cup of tea about. Because let's face it I have enough love for this novel to be giving a more than respectable solid four stars. But alas there is reasoning behind me dropping that one star and it all boils down to the feelings that this book provoked. As much as I loved this story it didn't leave me with the 'knock my socks off, can't bear to be away from this book' feeling that a five star normally would provide me with. But with all that being said, I'm still anxiously waiting for Lauren Layne to wow me with the next book in this series and nothing can stop me from being first in the queue for more from my number one.

description

Final thoughts ...
Whenever there is a new Lauren Layne book to be read I'll always be first in the queue ready to devour it. Something about her style and her seemingly effortless approach to putting together a romance saga suits my needs like a chocoholic finding their next fix. My time spent reading this author always takes me to my happy place and is a firm reminder of why I love this genre of reading. 'Steal me' was flirty, fun and with just the right hint of suspense I was once again sold by this authors ability to make me fall in love. Enjoy readers ... Kisses.





About Lauren Layne
A long-time romance reader, Lauren Layne thinks the only thing better than reading about happy endings is writing them. She now pursues a full-time career in Happily Ever After, a job she's naturally suited for after marrying her high school sweetheart. A bit of a nomad, Lauren's lived everywhere from Orange County to Manhattan, and currently lives in the Seattle-area. Her hobbies include coffee by day, wine by night, and lots of writing in between. She's also a total website nerd and insists you check out laurenlayne.com!

1 comment