December 31, 2015

My 2015 Favorites


This year I read 342 books and these books just stood out above the rest!


Confess by Colleen Hoover
Confess is like nothing I have ever read before, it cannot be summed up in a few words. I have read a lot of books, but very few books have affected me the way this one did. I started this story late at night and within the first few pages I was crying and I knew this book would shake me to my core. 

Long Way Down by Krista & Becca Ritchie
Long Way Down  is the final book in the Addicted Series, one fo my all time favorites series ever written! In Long Way Down you see Daisy and Ryke really come together and I fell even more in love with my favorite couple. I won’t provide any spoilers, just know that this story put the biggest smile on my face. This was the perfect conclusion for Daisy and Ryke, in that I never wanted it to end, but when it did I felt it did the couple justice. 

The Air He Breathes by Author Brittainy C Cherry
The Air He Breathes was perfection on paper. It was devastating sad, but had these moments I found hope in. It was heavy and emotional, but had these amazing light, fun, humorous moments. Brittainy built this deep soulful connection between Tristan and Liz, and I loved it. But she also added in these perfect, fun, even crude moments that made me laugh out loud. I also love how she was able to captivate and surprise me. She delivered on all fronts!

Kick Push/More than Enough by Jay Mclean - Author
Kick Push reminds you just how much of a difference you can make in someone’s life by just being a decent person. It shows you that you don’t have to be epic to have an epic life. This story reminded me to make every day count. To kick and push, so that you can enjoy the coast. I more than love this story, I more than love Josh, Tommy and Becca, and I more than need the epic conclusion!

This isn’t just my favorite in the More Series but, it’s one of my favorites I read this year. I love how despite this being a long story I couldn’t get enough. I love how when I finished I was still thinking about it and wanting to tell the world how fantastic it is. I loved how it made me feel, it was a roller coaster of emotions and once I got started I couldn’t stop. I was completely engaged and felt everything the characters felt. 

Truth or Beard by Penny Reid
 I came across Penny accidentally and since that first read I have been obsessed. She writes these crazy smart, quirky, and heartfelt books that have me dying for the next one. Truth or Beard is one of those reads. A story of unexpected love with tons of heart, humor and sexiness. I didn't think I would say this after Beauty and the Mustache, but this is now my favorite Penny book. Duane and Jessica are absolute perfection!

Bright Side (not a 2015 release, but this book!!) Kim Holden
This book is so much more than 5 stars, it makes me question most of my 5 star ratings because it just MORE. I loved this book on a level I can't describe. Bright Side made me grateful for the life I have been given, it broke my heart imagining the struggles of other people around me, and it made me want to be a better person. 

Bright Side isn't just a book or a character, it's a way of life. I don't think I will ever forget this book, I am still crying hours later. I hope that when I am faced with such adversity I can have the dignity and grace of Bright Side. I hope that when I see others being mistreated I can have her compassion. I hope that when I begin to feel sorry for myself for things I cannot change I look on the Bright Side. This book...gah, it's just more.

321 by Author J. A. Huss
Three, Two, One is a beautiful, unexpected love story with lots of suspense and intrigue. This story ripped my heart open and completely broke me. I wish I could tell you why, but I hate spoilers so I will just say these characters were perfectly developed and I was 100% invested. I felt what they felt, they were real to me and my heart broke for their pain, guilt, and suffering. I wholeheartedly recommend this book. Is it hot, of course, but it is also full of gut wrenching love, and has just enough twist and turns to leave you guessing. 

Fighting Shadows by Aly Martinez
Ash and Flint meet under crazy circumstances, but once she sees the real Flint she is determined to have him. Because, despite her positive outlook she does see the world for what it is and she knows Flint is unique. These two together is an uphill battle the whole way, but I think it had to be. You don’t just get over the situations they have been in, they had to grow and progress. The only thing I can tell you it’s worth the wait. 

This book like our heroine is uniquely, beautiful. Fighting Shadows reminds you life isn’t easy and no one promised you it would be fair, but you only got one shot at this life.

True Love Way by Mary Elizabeth, Author
This story is beautifully written. It was engaging and heart breaking, but also had moments of humor. This story had my heart racing one second, laughing the next, then came the tears. Even now as I write my review I can’t stop thinking about these characters and their journey. 

I read a lot of books and most of the time I rate based on my emotions. Unfortunately there are books I will forget in a few weeks, then there are books I am not sure I will ever forget. I don’t think I will ever forget this book or these heart breaking characters. I am inspired by their strength, unconditional love and devotion. 

Consolation Duet by Author Corinne Michaels
This story affected me in so many ways: it made me laugh, cry and swoon. There wasn’t drama for the sake of drama, every moment of the story adds to the bigger picture. Days after finishing I was still thinking about these characters. Then when my friends started reading it and chatting with me, I felt it all over again. I am still not over it.

No comments

Post a Comment