December 1, 2015

Review - The Girls Got Secrets by Linda Kage





THE GIRL'S GOT SECRETS
Forbidden Men #7
Linda Kage
Releasing Nov 28th, 2015
Self-Published


Here’s the same old “girl posing as a boy” story but with a rock-n-roll twist.

Remy Curran dreams of one day being in a band, except the group she wants to join refuses to hire a girl drummer. So, she auditions as a guy...and makes the cut.

Becoming “Sticks,” a member of Non-Castrato, isn’t quite what she dreamed it would be, though. She spends most of her time keeping up the subterfuge and learning how to walk, talk, act, and drink like a man.

But what’s even harder to deal with is acting oblivious when the band’s heartthrob lead singer, Asher Hart, treats her like one of the guys and not a woman. She never imagined he’d be so much more than a pretty face with a nice voice. But he’s better than perfect. He’s perfect for her.

When love and lies combine, Remy must keep up the act or lose everything. But who knew lying to reach one dream could prevent you from attaining an even bigger dream?

BUY NOW
Amazon | B&N | iTunes | Kobo



Linda grew up on a dairy farm in the Midwest as the youngest of eight children. Now she lives in Kansas with her husband, daughter, and nine cuckoo clocks. Her life's been blessed with lots of people to learn from and love. Writing's always been a major part of her world, and she is so happy to finally share some of her stories with other romance lovers.




a Rafflecopter giveaway

My Review 
Asher Hart and the band are looking for a new drummer after the huge incident with Knox’s brother. They are holding auditions when a girl, Remy, shows up to audition. One of Asher’s bandmates is a complete tool and immediately turns her down before she even plays, just because she is a female. Remy decides the best way to get back at them is prove they made a mistake in not letting her audition. With the help her friend Remy is transformed into a Sticks a male. The next day Sticks nails his audition and is offered the position. 

Sticks and Asher form a bond and become great friends. Remy learns so many things about Asher while acting as Sticks, and the more she learns the harder she falls. I absolutely loved this plot twist. I just enjoyed seeing Asher and Remy build a friendship first. I also loved how Asher confided in Remy about his mystery girl, her. 


I was on the edge of my seat just waiting on Remy to get caught and kind of hoping she would. I wanted Asher to learn the truth and see things unfold from there. I love how Linda incorporated Asher meeting Remy the girl and becoming friends with Sticks. It was unique and despite the story being long it just worked and they read super fast. 

As I said I loved this twist on forbidden love, I just wish there had been more time with them together. Remy and Asher were the perfect pair and just learning little things throughout the story I knew they would be perfect once they finally learned the truth. After finishing I was just wishing for more time of them actually knowing each other as Remy and Asher, not Sticks or Elisa. 


I am a huge fan of this series and have fallen so in love with these characters. I have been dying to know Asher’s story and read about his forbidden romance. I wasn’t sure the direction Linda would take, but I have to say I loved the plot! I loved seeing Pick and Asher get to know each other and build a bond. I loved seeing the other guys and camaraderie between them. This is one of those series I never want to see end. The books are fun, sweet, sexy and always forbidden


“If you love someone enough, you find you can forgive them for just about anything, because living without them is more miserable than any grudge you could hold.”



ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 


1 comment

  1. Great review! Thank you for hosting!

    Crystal, Tasty Book Tours

    ReplyDelete