January 19, 2016

Review - Loud is How I Love You by Mercy Brown

"I'm too loud, I can't help it." "Good," he says. "Loud is how I love you."


This book is so much fun. Mercy Brown takes you back the 90’s and immerses you in the world of Travis and Emmy. The story is told from Emmy’s POV, she is the only child of a former semi-famous musician. She grew up loving music and dreaming of one day having her own band. She has accomplished that band, loves her bandmates like family and wants nothing more than to keep things together.


Travis is Emmy’s bandmate and while he loves the band, his feelings for Emmy are more important to him. So when he finally makes a move and they have one night of smoking hot sex he isn't ready to go back to being just friends. Where Emmy thinks they can’t have it both ways and fears their relationship could completely destroy the band.

I really struggled with Emmy’s fears and seeing her struggle and go back and forth with her feelings. In the end, it did make so much more sense to me. I think her fear was more than about the band and being abandon, losing her comfort zone. In the same respect, Travis is absolutely perfect. I seriously loved him so much and at times was just screaming for Emmy to move on and accept him. Not only is Travis compassionate and caring, he is sexy as hell and devoted to Emmy.


I am so excited to read further in this series. Mercy Brown is so talented and I loved discovering this world. The character development and setting descriptions made everything so much more real. I can’t wait to see what comes next for the other characters. I highly recommend Loud is How I love You, it’s so much fun, super sexy, and completely entertaining.


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments

Post a Comment