February 16, 2016

Review - Platinum by K.A. Linde




Title: Platinum
Series: All That Glitters #3
Author: K.A. Linde
Genre: Contemporary Romance
 Release Date: February 16, 2016



Blurb

Cheating is my hard limit.

The only thing I truly fear.

My heart was shattered once before, and I swore it would never happen again. This time I chose the safe guy who wouldn’t destroy me. Turns out…they don’t exist.

So when the sexiest Brit I’ve ever met dances right into my life, I offer him a one night stand. No strings attached. My perfect rebound, with zero chance of betrayal. It’s everything I hoped for. But he demands more than I’m willing to give.

I refuse to be fooled again, because I know a man I can count on is rarer than… Platinum.

Follow the conclusion to Trihn’s story in this sexy, heart stopping fourth book in USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde’s All That Glitters series.



Add to Goodreads

My Review 

I swear, Linde knows how to put me on the edge and give me heart palpations like no one else. I swear the anxiety she gives me isn’t normal, but I get so addicted to her stories I have to read them. In true Linde fashion, Platinum is full of angst and will have you dying to turn the page, so be prepared to stay up to finish it!

We first met Trinh in Emeralds and my heart immediately broke for her. You don’t have to read Emeralds first, but I highly recommend it so you can get the backstory and understand Trinh. I was so ready for Trinh’s HEA after seeing all her heartache with Preston. Then seeing her with Neal throughout the series I just needed this girl to finally have her moment, she deserved her moment. 

In the beginning of Platinum Trinh finds herself single again and she plans to stay that way. She tried to stay away from her type and dated the “safe” guy and it just blew up in her face. She decides she will just stay single, that plan goes out the window when she meets Damon. 

Damon is British, sexy and an up and coming DJ. He has had his eye on Trinh for awhile and decides to finally make his move one night at the club. Trinh is looking for a one night stand, but he is looking for more. First, I loved this little switch and I completely bought into his desire for Trinh. I was so happy that a guy was pursing Trinh and wanting more.



I loved this book, but I truly struggled with the angst. This will seriously not be an issue for most, but I truly loved Trinh, so my heart hurt for so much throughout this story for her. As someone who has struggled with these similar insecurities it just got to me. That is the only reason this book wasn’t a complete win for me. I loved her growth and felt at the end she was even stronger, but the sucker in me just wanted a break for her. I didn't want their to be any behaviors that were questionable. She deserved someone who wouldn't put her through that.

The character development was top notch and just pushed this one over for me. Trinh is definitely one of my favorite characters, she is vulnerable, genuine and a fighter. I absolutely recommend this one. Like all Linde’s book it’s a page turner, sexy and full of feels.


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

Teaser created by me with stock images purchased from depositphotos.





Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK
B&N / KOBO / iBOOKS
SMASHWORDS






Also Available


AMAZON US / UK



AMAZON US / UK



AMAZON US / UK



Author Bio

K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding series and the All That Glitters series as well as seven additional novels. She grew up as a military brat traveling the United States and even landing for a brief stint in Australia. She has a Masters degree in political science from the University of Georgia and is the current head coach of the Duke University dance team.

An avid traveler, reader, and bargain hunter, K.A. currently live in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, with her husband and two super adorable puppies.



Author Links

No comments

Post a Comment