February 2, 2016

Review - The Rules by Elizabeth Brown

Ainsley is Ryan’s sister and Lambo is Ryan’s best friend. That’s right, brother’s best friend - those magic words that get me so excited to start a book. Elizabeth sold this book to me with those few lines, but I was impressed to see this story is also more. 

Ainsley and Lambo meet at Ryan and Lambo’s graduation, but Ainsley is only sixteen. While Lam and Ains have a hot make-out session luckily it doesn’t go any further once he learns her age. The story picks up eight years later right before they all leave to go to Vegas.


Ainsley is a damaged girl and my heart broke for her. I felt her pain and was sad to see how the abuse she stained as a child was still effecting her life today. After seeing all that she has survived I just wanted happiness for her. 

Lambo is the wealthy playboy and I was really worried he would never be worthy of Ains. I wanted her to feel love, safety and be freed from her past. I fell for Lam when he fell for Ains. When he changed because she was worth it, because she was his more. These two together make me so happy!


I love brother’s best friend books, but this story is more. At first I was a little sad it was more, but the further I read the more engaged I became in the story. The more I read the more I felt for the characters. I signed up for a cute sweet story, but this story is more. Ainsley is damaged and has experienced so much, but Lam is up to the challenge. If you are looking for more, I highly recommend.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments

Post a Comment