March 7, 2016

New Release - Rock by JA Huss

It’s like my life is a song on repeat when all I want is a shuffle.


I am truly not sure how to write this review without providing any spoilers, because this book had me going back and forth thorough out the whole story. This will probably surprise you, but right out the gate I figured out one twist. I was blown away, I never guess Julie’s twists. Little did I know this wasn’t a huge twist and as the story unfolds I was reminded again just how brilliant Julie is. 


Rowan Kyle is the famous musician Rock and his life has just been completely upturned and he is back home to deal with the fallout. One minute he was the successful lead singer of Son of a Jack, the next his bandmates are dead and he is on 24 hour surveillance in his home town. A place that holds far too many memories and heartache. 

The story is told from RK’s POV and through out the story I really felt for him. You could really see he was barely hanging on. Forget the present and what he survived, being back home is a whole new issue. I was completely wrapped up in learning the truth and seeing what would come for RK and I loved the conclusion. I didn’t 100% love the story, because I just wanted more peace for RK and M. However, I am also a serial romantic and this book is more than just romance, so I am pretty sure I will be alone in the opinion. 


I started Rock pretty psyched just based on the cover alone, I mean Reider Robert is seriously something else. I don’t typically judge a book by the cover, but I’ll admit I was already excited. I expected a rockstar type story and I was completely wrong. I am not sure how to describe this one to be honest. It was suspenseful, psychologically thrilling and kept me a constant state of guessing. I definitely recommend if you are looking for something unique and entertaining!


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

Teasers created by me with stock images purchased from deposit photos.

No comments

Post a Comment