March 1, 2016

Review - Midnight Lily by Mia Sheridan

I am a huge fan of Mia Sheridan, she has written some of my favorite books. What I love the most about her writing is she can deliver the feels like no other, so of course I was so excited to read Midnight Lily. Imagine my surprise when this book turned out to be so completely different than what I was expecting. 


Midnight Lily is so different from what I was expecting, but it did have one thing all of Mia’s book have: feels. Tons of feels and characters that stay with you. It has been days since I finished and I am still thinking about them. They have absolutely consumed my thoughts and I have spent hours thinking about them. The what ifs and what they are doing now has kept my thoughts occupied. 


“There’s always someone society chooses not to see. There’s always someone who is invisible through no fault of their own.” 


This book is very difficult to review without providing any spoilers and having this book spoiled for you would be such a huge disservice to you and Mia. Midnight Lily just needs to be embraced and read. I will say it’s nice to have your friends to vent to because there are some moments I had to message my bestie like a maniac. You know where send multiple messages basically saying the same thing because she is asleep, but you need to get it out…yep, it will do that.


If you are looking for a book that’s full of feels, angst and twists this is the book for you. I feel like that line leads you to believe this is a suspenseful read, it’s not. It’s this beautiful epic love story that makes you feel everything. That had me obsessing over fictional characters. That has been the subject of so many conversations with my bestie. Even today I was cleaning house and thinking about things again. I swear this book will stay with you. 

I don’t typically do this, but feel in this book it may be necessary. When you initially start Midnight Lily you are expecting that insane hook you get from Mia’s books and may feel let down. Please give this book time, because in the end you will be grateful you did. Okay. Enough fangirling, as you know I highly recommend this book and cannot wait for my friends to read it so we can discuss!!


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

Teasers created by me with stock images purchased from deposit photos.

No comments

Post a Comment