March 14, 2016

Review - A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole



synopsis

One kiss lasts a moment.
But a thousand kisses can last a lifetime.

One boy.
One girl.
A bond that is forged in an instant and cherished for a decade.
A bond that neither time nor distance can break.
A bond that will last forever.
Or so they believe.
When seventeen-year-old Rune Kristiansen returns from his native Norway to the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, where he befriended Poppy Litchfield as a child, he has just one thing on his mind. Why did the girl who was one half of his soul, who promised to wait faithfully for his return, cut him off without a word of explanation?
Rune’s heart was broken two years ago when Poppy fell silent. When he discovers the truth, he finds that the greatest heartache is yet to come.

Standalone Young Adult Tearjerker Romance.
For ages 14 and up.

My 5 Star Review

If I could give this book a million stars I would. It’s legit one of my favorite reads of all time. I love Tillie Cole, but I’ll be honest I wasn’t expecting a book like this from her. I mean I love all her books, no matter what she is writing, so why I painted her in a box is beyond me. I mean I first fell in love with her writing in Sweet Home. Then I met her at a signing and put together that she had also written one of my favorite MC series, I know I am dense for not realizing this sooner. Then I read Raze and let me tell you, I LOVED THAT BOOK, I MEAN LOVED IT! That series has been my favorite from Tillie, until now. 



Rune and Poppy meet when they are five years old. Rune is from Norway and has a chip on his shoulder, even at five. Poppy is this fiery girl who already has this amazing love for life. She introduces herself to Rune and he is never the same, they are never the same.



At eight, Poppy’s grandmother gives her a jar of hearts that she is to fill with her most amazing, epic, meaningful kisses. Her new adventure is to obtain a thousand of these unique kisses in her life. Rune decides to claim all her kisses since no other guy will ever have his Poppy. 

This story is YA so your first thought might be that their connection or love may be immature, that couldn’t be farther from the truth. I never got that vibe from Poppy and Rune. Despite their age, I felt their undeniable love from the beginning and it never let up. Their love story is something to be admired, I would go as far to say I would like to model some of myself after Poppy and Rune. 



This book just made me think and it made me feel if you have read my reviews for long I love a book that makes me want to change. I think we all have room for improvement in life. Like most people I want to be the best person I can be and this book reminded me that life is worth living. That love was worth the risk. That people deserve forgiveness and second chances. That true love is forever and unconditional. 

A Thousand Boy Kisses is unique and I loved every minute. I loved the insane amount of emotions I felt because it means I was truly connected to the story and characters. Poppy and Rune are some of my favorite characters of all time and I won’t be forgetting them anytime soon. I have read over a thousand books in just a few years and I am sure I will read a thousand more, but I can promise you I will never forget this story. 



ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

Teasers created by me with stock images purchased from depositphotos.






about tillie

Tillie Cole hails from a small town in the North-East of England. She grew up on a farm with her English mother, Scottish father and older sister and a multitude of rescue animals. As soon as she could, Tillie left her rural roots for the bright lights of the big city.
After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA Hons in Religious Studies, Tillie followed her Professional Rugby player husband around the world for a decade, becoming a teacher in between and thoroughly enjoyed teaching High School students Social Studies before putting pen to paper, and finishing her first novel.
Tillie has now settled in Austin, Texas, where she is finally able to sit down and write, throwing herself into fantasy worlds and the fabulous minds of her characters.
Tillie is both an independent and traditionally published author, and writes many genres including: Contemporary Romance, Dark Romance, Young Adult and New Adult novels.
When she is not writing, Tillie enjoys nothing more than curling up on her couch watching movies, drinking far too much coffee, while convincing herself that she really doesn’t need that extra square of chocolate.


follow tillie


blog tour organized by


No comments

Post a Comment