April 5, 2016

Review - Dark Notes by Pam Godwin


It’s universally known that the more forbidden something is, the more desirable it becomes. 



Ivory is a prodigy and attending the most elite music school in the state, Le Moyne Academy. She may be the most talented pianist there, but she doesn’t fit in with it with her super wealthy classmates. It isn’t just Ivory's socioeconomic class that separates her from the other students. It’s the circumstances surrounding her life and what she does to survive. See Ivory is a fighter and she has given up everything and pieces of herself to continue her education. 


Ivory’s story and POV is delivered so well I didn’t judge her actions, but truly felt for her. My heart broke for her when seeing the things she had to endure, but I love perseverance in a character.

Emeric is new to Le Moyne Academy and Ivory’s new teacher. Emeric is such an intense character and from the very beginning I was intimidated by him. I had no idea how things would go between he and Ivory, because she is a fighter and he refuses to lose. 


As it turns out I actually ended up completely loving Emeric. I loved how protective he was of Ivory. I love how before I knew anything about him I knew he was still just a good guy doing the right thing. As the story progressed and their connection deepened I loved his selflessness and desire to truly give Ivory her dreams and desires. 

What I truly loved the most about this story was the character growth and how it fit perfectly with the sexy, forbidden plot. I love student/teacher romances, but I usually find myself let down that they are not as forbidden as I wish they were. This was not the case here. I swear there were moments in this story that were so freaking hot. I am not referring to the sex scenes alone, just the build up and slow burn was so freaking hot. 

This story is not what I expected, it’s honestly more. I was thinking we would have a hot, sexy read and forbidden love story, but it is also so emotional. I loved the feels and love between Emeric and Ivory. I loved the twists and turns, and how the plot moved so quickly and I couldn’t wait to turn the page.

If you are a fan of Pam Godwin, student/teacher romances or just looking for a sexy, entertaining read I absolutely recommend! 


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

Teasers created by me with stock images purchased from depositphotos.

No comments

Post a Comment