May 2, 2016

Review - The Summer Games: Settling the Score by RS Grey

Title: The Summer Games: Settling the Score
Author: R.S. Grey
Genre: Sports Romance/Romantic Comedy
Release Date: May 2, 2016
As an Olympic rookie, Andie Foster has spent far more time in her cleats than between the sheets. For 21 years, her Fridaynights have consisted of blocking shots rather than taking them. But now that she's landed in Rio, she's ready to see for herself if the rumors about the Olympic Village are true:
The athletes are all sex-crazed maniacs...
The committee passes out condoms like candy...
The games continue long after the medals have been handed out...
As Andie walks the line between rumor and reality, she's forced into the path of Frederick Archibald, a decorated Olympic swimmer and owner of a sexy British accent—too bad he's unavailable in a way that "it's complicated" doesn't even begin to explain.
In other words: off limits.
It doesn't matter that he has abs that could bring peace to the Middle East and a smile that makes even the Queen blush; Andie fully intends on keeping her focus on the soccer field. But the Village is small. Suffocating. Everywhere Andie goes, Freddie happens to be there—shirtless, wet from the pool, and determined to show her a whole new meaning of the phrase "international affairs".


My 5 Star Review

I will let you in on a secret, I am obsessed with the Summer Olympics and one Olympian in particular. Michael Phelps, the ultimate Olympian and my obsession since 2004. His domination in the pool completely captivated me in Greece and at the age of 19 I became OBSESSED with all things Phelpsie <- that’s my pet name for him. 

Imagine my surprise when I pick up one of my favorite authors books and learn that the hero is an Olympic swimmer who dominates the sport. EEEK!!!! I swear I was dying when I learned this, I mean hello, it’s a dream come true!! So, yes, I loved this book, but not just because I am a weirdo obsession with Phelpsie. This story is really so much more!




The story begins with Andie arriving at the Olympic village in Rio de Janeiro. Andie is a soccer player and it is her first time at the Olympics. She has been training hard her whole life to get to this moment, but she has heard the scandalous rumors surrounding the village and is ready to unwind a little. Her first night there she goes to a party and meets Freddie.

This isn’t Freddie’s first time at the Olympics, but when he meets Andie he is captivated he has never met anyone like her before. The story really unfolds when we learn Freddie is actually a Duke and with the exception of swimming his life has been planned out for him. After the Olympics are over he is expected to return home and fulfill his familial duties. 


Andie and Freddie together might be my favorite Grey couple yet. I loved how open and honest they were with their feelings, how they didn’t play games and how freaking sexy they were together. This story has enough angst and intrigue give me heart palpitations, but had no unnecessary drama. It just flowed from one page to the next. 


I loved every minute of this book and it is a longer book, but I sped right through it falling more and and more in love with each chapter. I am a huge fan of RS Grey, I don’t even care what he writes I love it, but this book feels like it was written for me, it was absolute perfection, HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way, I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things... everyday.
I live in Texas where I spend my free time writing and reading. My favorite authors include Mindy Kaling & Jonathan Safran Foer. I'm a comedy geek and love all things "funny". Women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling are definitely the biggest inspirations for my writing, though I think my work tends to skew a bit smuttier than theirs.

2 comments

  1. I just started this book this morning, and it was so difficult to put it down when I got to work. Freddie, Freddie, Freddie. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet! I couldn't put it down!! Love Freddie!!!

      Delete