May 26, 2016

Review - Wednesday by Kendall Ryan


WEDNESDAY
By: Kendall Ryan
Release Day: May 23
Standalone



Hard core fucking.
It’s not what I really want, but it's all he has to offer. He's filled with turmoil and heartache and regrets, but for two hours every Wednesday all he feels is me. How much I desire him, how desperate he makes me, how much I'd like things to be different between us. Real.
He used to be my best friend back before he got married. And now? Now, he’s a young widower. It'd be wrong on so many levels to expect something more from him. So I give him what he needs. Dark delicious fucking. But I know I can’t keep this up. I've already given him my body, my soul. I want him to have my heart. It might drive him away forever, but that’s a risk I’m forced to take.
Wednesday is an angsty romp told from dual points of view. If you’re in the mood for something quick and dirty, you’ve found it. Proceed at your own risk.






My Review 

Nothing beats getting an unexpected/unplanned release from one of your go to authors. When I see Kendall is releasing a new book I am all about reading it. Her stories are comfortable for me, if that makes sense. The are sexy, fun, light reads that put a big happy smile on my face. 

Chloe and Shaw are best friends, but over the past few months their relationship has changed. Shaw’s wife died and what started out as a mistake, a one time hookup has turned into more. On the night of his wife’s funeral he finds himself sleeping with Chloe while trying to gain comfort. 

Chloe reminded me of so many girls, in love with her best friend and willing to do anything to make the pain go away. And honestly willing to do anything to have even a piece of the person she loves. I really understood that, but I didn’t really understand Shaw at first. 

The story really starts after this arrangement has been going on for four months. At this point Chloe is realizing this isn’t really good for either one of them. He needs to really grieve, heal and move on and she needs to give-up on someone who will never see her as more than a friend. 

I love the premises for this story and in the end I really liked both characters. Call me greedy, but I just wanted a little more. I wanted more time with them together. I wanted to really feel his love for Chloe. I didn’t feel a connection to the characters like I normally do, but this book is intended to be quick it isn't a full length novel. That being said, this one is perfect for when you want something sexy and quick.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

Teasers created by me with stock images purchased from deposit photos.




About The Author:
A New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of more than a dozen titles, Kendall Ryan has sold over 1.5 million books and her books have been translated into several languages in countries around the world. She's a traditionally published author with Simon & Schuster and Harper Collins UK, as well as an independently published author. Since she first began self-publishing in 2012, she's appeared at #1 on Barnes & Noble and iBooks charts around the world. Her books have also appeared on the New York Times and USA Today bestseller lists more than three dozen times. Ryan has been featured in such publications as USA Today, Newsweek, and InTouch Magazine.

Visit her at: www.kendallryanbooks.com for the latest book news, and fun extras
Links:
Newsletter: http://www.MyAuthorBiz.com/ENewsletter.php?acct=KR5565164709500



No comments

Post a Comment