May 17, 2016

Review - Wicked Heart by Leisa Rayven



It’s no secret I am not a fan of angst, it makes me a nervous wreck. I am also not a fan of second chance romances. That didn’t stop me from being a HUGE fan of this book. 


“Three hundred dollars for the pleasure of your company, beautiful Elissa? Seems like a bargain, if you ask me.”



We met Elissa Holt previously, in Bad Romeo she is Ethan’s sister. I have always liked her, she is fun and quirky. I loved how she was outgoing and seemed full of life. In Wicked Heart you really get to meet Elissa and see what she is all about. You see the more serious and vulnerable parts of her. I loved seeing her POV throughout the story, especially when the former love of her life re-enters her life. 


Liam Quinn is an a-list celebrity now, but years ago he was staring in his first play, working with Elissa. Liam is now back in her life and there is so much mystery surrounding their past. I was so desperate to understand his motives and reasons for his actions. Then you see these moments between Elissa and Liam and can’t help, but crave more.


"To stay away from you. Every single time, I’ve failed. You know that. Fighting what I feel for you is exhausting, and I can’t do it anymore." 



I was completely twisted up reading this one. I knew how I wanted things to play out but wasn’t sure how it could be obtained. The direction this story took was perfect. I loved the plot and movement of the story. I loved how it read so quickly, but also had you completely feeling for the characters.


I couldn’t put this down if I tried, which is a huge feat since lately I can’t stay up to finish a book to save my life. Wicked Heart is addictive and engaging and one of the most entertaining books I have read this year. This book has been the benchmark for me lately because it truly is a huge deal that I stayed up until 2:00 AM reading. Then when I finished I was kicking myself for reading it so quickly. 

Wicked Heart is the kind of book you just need to read in one sitting. I needed to know what happened in the past, I needed to know what would happen in the future, I just needed to know everything!! I absolutely recommend this read if you are looking for a story with angst, heart and steam!


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

Teasers created by me with stock images purchased from depositphotos.

No comments

Post a Comment