June 14, 2016

Review - Grin and Beard It by Penny Reid

Grin&BeardIt_Tour

Grin and Beard It

by Penny Reid Winston Brothers #2 
Publication Date: May 31, 2016 
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romantic Comedy

  Grin&BeardItCover



Sienna Diaz is everyone’s favorite “fat” funny lady. The movie studio executives can’t explain it, but her films are out-grossing all the fit and trim headliners and Hollywood’s most beautiful elite. The simple truth is, everyone loves plus-sized Sienna.
But she has a problem, she can’t read maps and her sense of direction is almost as bad as her comedic timing is stellar. Therefore, when Sienna’s latest starring role takes her to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park she finds herself continually lost while trying to navigate the backroads of Green Valley, Tennessee. Much to her consternation, Sienna’s most frequent savior is a ridiculously handsome, charming, and cheeky Park Ranger by the name of Jethro Winston. Sienna is accustomed to high levels of man-handsome, so it’s not Jethro’s chiseled features or his perfect physique that make Sienna stutter. It’s his southern charm. And gentlemanly manners. And habit of looking at her too long and too often. Sienna has successfully navigated the labyrinth of Hollywood heartthrobs. But can she traverse the tenuous trails of Tennessee without losing her head? Or worse, her heart?

goodreads-badge-add-38px

About Penny Reid

Penny Reid is the USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers and Knitting in the City series. When she's not immersed in penning smart romances, Penny works in the biotech industry as a researcher. She's also a full time mom to three diminutive adults, wife, daughter, knitter, crocheter, sewer, general crafter, and thought ninja.


My 5 Star Review

Let's talk about book love, author love, series love. I legit love it all, this book, Penny Reid and this beautiful series set in Tennessee. As you probably know, I am from Tennessee, actually a large city very close to Green Valley. So, I just feel such an intense love for this series. As soon as I read the first pages of the book my smile and love just comes flooding back. I have been in funk lately and this book just made me immediately smile and feel such happiness to be reading it.

I love Jethro. Yes, he is the bad brother or was, but he has overcome that. He has proven himself and gone above and beyond to be better. I could just feel his heart and desire to be better, to be worthy. Sienna Diaz is a movie star in town filming a movie. Naturally, Jethro has no idea who she is and it allows them both to get to know each other.

Oh boy, I loved this part of the story. I loved the two of them, the build up was perfection and had me excited to turn the page. Their time together had me falling more and more in love with their openness and l love for each other. Catching up with the Winston group brought a HUGE smile to my face and had me eager to read their books.

I have nothing negative to say, nothing. Like all Penny's books this one is a little long, but reads so fast. I was never bored and stay engaged the entire time, excited to turn the page. This book is beautifully written, had me sighing and swooning, and addictive. I absolutely recommend not only this book, but the entire series!!


IndieSageBlogger

No comments

Post a Comment