June 6, 2016

Review - One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid




In her twenties, Emma Blair marries her high school sweetheart, Jesse. They build a life for themselves, far away from the expectations of their parents and the people of their hometown in Massachusetts. They travel the world together, living life to the fullest and seizing every opportunity for adventure.

On their first wedding anniversary, Jesse is on a helicopter over the Pacific when it goes missing. Just like that, Jesse is gone forever. Emma quits her job and moves home in an effort to put her life back together. Years later, now in her thirties, Emma runs into an old friend, Sam, and finds herself falling in love again. When Emma and Sam get engaged, it feels like Emma’s second chance at happiness.

That is, until Jesse is found. He’s alive, and he’s been trying all these years to come home to her. With a husband and a fiancé, Emma has to now figure out who she is and what she wants, while trying to protect the ones she loves.

Who is her one true love? What does it mean to love truly? Emma knows she has to listen to her heart. She’s just not sure what it’s saying.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Taylor Jenkins Reid is an author and essayist from Acton, Massachusetts. She is the author of Forever, Interrupted, After I Do and Maybe In Another Life. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband, Alex, and her dog, Rabbit. You can follow her on Twitter @TJenkinsReid.

FIND TAYLOR ONLINE:
Website: www.taylorjenkinsreid.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/taylorjenkinsreidbooks
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tjenkinsreid
Instagram: @tjenkinsreid

MY 5 STAR REVIEW

 Taylor Jenkins Reid always delivers stories that make me think and feel. They make me imagine how different my life could be, what would I do if one thing changed in my life, or about the person I want to be. I cannot think of another author who always makes me feel such huge, real, genuine feelings about life, me and relationships. 


I think everyone has a moment that splits their life in two. When you look back on your own timeline, there’s a sharp spike somewhere along the way, some even that changed you, changed your life, more than others. A moment that creates a “before” and an “after.”


The story begins with us meeting Emma, the story is told from her point of view. She is recently engaged to Sam when she learns her husband, who was presumed dead after an accident is actually alive. After that heart stopping moment, that moment that my heart just stopped for her, what do you do? 


The story immediately goes back in time where we meet a young Emma and Jesse, her husband. We see how their young love blossomed into commitment and a forever love. Even just these brief glimpses we can feel the love that Emma had for Jesse, how him being in her life changed them both. 

The story gradually moves forward, following Emma’s life, and we get to see her meet and fall in love with Sam. I loved Sam. He was an awkward kid in school who didn’t how to ask out his crush, Emma. I loved that about him. I loved how he seized the opportunity to know her as an adult and help her move on. I loved how he loved her, without condition, but still passionately.


Let me just tell you, this story, it broke my heart. It made me think and feel. It made me hurt so much for these fictional characters, but I swear all her books do this to me. Her way with words captivates me and always makes me think beyond the book. It has been days since I finished this book and my heart still hurts for the characters. 

If you are looking for a book that will take on an emotional journey, make you think, make you feel and fall in love - this is it. I highly, absolutely recommend this one!


I am who I am because I loved you once. 



ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 



Teasers created by me with stock images purchased from deposit photos.

RAFFLECOPTER GIVEAWAY:
2 COMPLETE SETS OF SIGNED TJR BOOKS
5 SIGNED COPIES OF ONE TRUE LOVES




ONE TRUE LOVES by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Atria/Washington Square Press Paperback | ISBN: 9781476776903 | On sale: June 7, 2016 | 352 pages | $16.00
eBook: Atria/Washington Square Press | ISBN: 9781476776910 | On sale: June 7, 2016 | 352 pages | $11.99

No comments

Post a Comment