June 10, 2016

Review - Struck from the Record by K.A. Linde



STRUCK FROM THE RECORD
By K.A Linde
Release Date: June 7, 2016

Clay Maxwell is a smart, quick witted, sex-driven, manwhore with the good looks to match. Plenty of women have shared his bed, but only one has ever been constant, Andrea.
Their rules were simple. When they’re together, it’s just the two of them. When they’re apart, anything is fair game. And it worked. For ten years.
 But one of them has changed the game…
 Clay must decide if his player ways are worth losing the one girl who has always been there.

“Yet another awesome read from K.A. Linde! Clay is HOT and BAD in the best way possible, you won’t be able to put it down! I literally was begging for more!” -A.L. Jackson, NYT Bestselling Author

Newsletter sign up for Amazon preorder -- https://app.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/i1x5e2






5 Star Review 

Have you met the Maxwells? Well if you haven’t you need to, ASAP. The Record series is one of my favorite series. I fell head over heels in love with Brady Maxwell and was always intrigued by Clay Maxwell. Clay is the wild, say what he wants, younger brother. 

When Kyla mentioned this book was coming I was so freaking excited to read Clay’s book and immediately thought who is his love interest could be. I knew he was with Andrea, sort of, but didn’t understand their relationship. 

Andrea and Clay have been together since they were kids, but had an open relationship. I never truly understood that when I was looking at their relationship from the outside, now I get it. Andrea and Clay are damaged people and terrified to open up themselves up to love. This open relationship gives them what they need, partner for social gatherings, great sex, and friendship without the risk of rejection. 

"I remember falling in love for the first time with this beautiful girl who was giving me the time of day. Me and not my brother. Who cared about me and kissed me." 


Like so many girls who enter into friends with benefits relationships things change and Andrea wants more. She is ready to open herself up to being hurt and take a risk on Clay, but he isn’t as willing to leave what he knows and loves. 

I swear Kyla writes angst like no other and this one kept me hooked from the beginning. It also gave me those heart palpations that I always get when I am terrified of what her characters will do. I always say I am not big on angst, but when she writes it I am hooked. I love how I immediately got pulled into this story and wanted more. 

Clay and Andrea are both damaged goods, but their vulnerability made me love them more and understand them. I was hooked from the beginning, but every moment these two were together gave me a huge smile on my face. I adored this book, I cannot think of anything I would want to change. It’s fun, sexy, light hearted, but has depth. It’s truly perfect. If you haven’t met the Maxwells, jump in, you won't be disappointed!

"You make me crazy, Andrea. All I want is for you to be happy. I would do anything to make you happy." 


ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 



About K.A. Linde

K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding series and the All That Glitters series as well as seven additional novels. She grew up as a military brat traveling the United States and even landing for a brief stint in Australia. She has a Masters degree in political science from the University of Georgia and is the current head coach of the Duke University dance team.
An avid traveler, reader, and bargain hunter, K.A. currently live in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, with her husband and two super adorable puppies.

@authorkalinde

No comments

Post a Comment