June 23, 2016

Review - Up in Flames by Abbi Glines


UP IN FLAMES 
A Rosemary Beach Novel
ABBI GLINES
(on sale June 28, 2016)




#1 New York Times bestselling author Abbi Glines returns to Rosemary Beach one last time in this highly-anticipated finale and much beloved series.

Spoiled. Selfish. Rich girl. Villan. Slut.

As the Prada-clad bad girl of Rosemary Beach, Nan Dillon has been called every vile name under the hot summer sun. Some of her reputation is deserved—she’s never had to worry about anything but maintaining her perfect figure and splitting Daddy’s private jet with her brother, Rush.

But Nan is far from happy. Rush has another kid on the way and doesn’t have time to catch up with his sister. Grant, the last guy she truly cared about, chose to be with her half-sister, Harlow, instead of her. And Harlow, who has never gotten over the way Nan treated her when she first moved to town, remains distant.

So when Major asks her out, she jumps at the chance to date the gorgeous charmer. Though she doesn’t know much about the sweet-talking Texan, and though it’s clear he doesn’t want to be exclusive, dating him beats hanging out with vapid socialites or watching Netflix alone at home.

For a while, Nan deals with Major’s playboy ways, but after he burns her one too many times, she takes off for an impromptu wild weekend in Vegas. There, she meets Gannon, a darkly seductive and oh-so-dangerous businessman who knows exactly how to handle her.

With Major asking for a second chance and Gannon haunting her dreams, Nan has to decide who to give her heart to. But what she doesn’t realize is that these players are involved in a much bigger game—and they’re already two moves ahead of her. 

ABOUT ABBI GLINES:
Abbi Glines is the New York Times, USA TODAY, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of the Rosemary Beach, Field Party, Sea Breeze, Vincent Boys, and Existence series. A devoted book lover, Abbi lives with her family in Alabama. She maintains a Twitter addiction at @AbbiGlines and can also be found at Facebook.com/AbbiGlinesAuthor and AbbiGlines.com.

FIND ABBI ONLINE:
Twitter: @AbbiGlines
Instagram: @AbbiGlines




My 5 Star Review

Nan. I think I hated her from that first moment with Blaire, even when I didn’t exactly know who she was. Then the hate continued to grow with each new story and mistreated heroine. When Abbi announced she was writing this book I was like, nope, no way, not going there. Then I thought really Beverly, you have read all Abbi’s books you know you will read it. 

I wasn’t a Blaire or a Harlow. I didn’t inspire men to want to change for me.



Nan’s story is a little different than the others in the series, because the story begins with us learning that Major is only dating Nan so that he can get information about her ex-boyfriend for his boss. She is a job. He doesn’t like, respect or even enjoy her company. I was okay with this, I mean really this is Nan. Then I saw a softer side of Nan. Reading her point of view and seeing her thoughts really brought things into perspective. I really began to feel for her. 



Nan never really knew love growing up, she put all her acceptance and sense of belonging her brother. She is the result of bad parenting and neglect. She thought she might have something with Grant, but he dropped her like a bad habit for her sister, so yeah, I feel for Nan. I am truly impressed with Abbi, because reading Nan’s point of view had me recalling her past behavior and even understanding her choices. I absolutely do not hate Nan at all, I think she is a normal girl, maybe a little/a lot bitchy who wanted what everyone wants, love. 

As far as her story, her love interest, I loved it. I am so glad she got someone who could put her in her place. Someone who loves who she is and sees strength in her. I loved that he was older and more experienced. I really just love that he got her. I never expected this guy or this story, but in the end it was one of my favorite Abbi books. 



I know there will be people who find moments over the top. I know they will think some things are not realistic. I know all this and I still love it. Abbi Glines will always be one of my go to, automatic buy authors, because she offers an escape like no other. I can’t wait to see who is a NanHater or NanLover, but regardless I think if you are a fan of this series you will enjoy this one!

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

Teasers created by me with stock images purchased from depositphotos.


Enter the giveaway!
Enter to win one of 3 signed copies of UP IN FLAMES + Abbi’s favorite Twizzlers via the Rafflecopter below!

UP IN FLAMES by Abbi Glines
Atria Books | 256 pages | ISBN: 9781501115394, $15.00 | June 28, 2016 | eBook ISBN: 9781501115400, $7.99

Order the Paperback:  Amazon |   Barnes & Noble |  Books-a-Million | IndieBound | See more
Order the eBook:  Amazon Kindle |  Apple iBookstore |  Barnes & Noble |  Blio |  Books-a-Million |Google ebookstore |  Kobo





No comments

Post a Comment