July 28, 2016

Review - One by Jewel E. Ann

releaseblitz 2


CoverOne copy

Title: One Author: Jewel E Ann Genre: Romantic Comedy Release Date: July 28th, 2016

 

Synopsis:

Lake Jones is a cover girl for cutting-edge prosthetic legs, a binge-watcher of Netflix, known to spy on her neighbor through her door’s peephole, and fond of laser games with her hairless cat. She’s also a bit sexually-frustrated. Until … God bestows a breath of mercy upon her in the form of Minnesota’s NFL starting quarterback. But this gift is no stranger. Lake met Cage Monaghan three years earlier. It was one day. One moment. One kiss that resurrected her dreams of finding love. His dimpled smile distracts from his imperfections, which include: a love for country music, fishing, and a feline-hating girlfriend. When life finally gives them their chance, it’s a humorous and heart-wrenching journey to find their place in the world. "We would be Cage and Lake. We would be unpredictable. We would be reckless. We would give normality the middle finger.” ***This book is a standalone. However, it is HIGHLY recommended that any readers who have not, but may consider, reading the Jack & Jill Series, do so before reading this book. It contains spoilers to Jack & Jill.

Add to Goodreads


My 5 Star Review

Oh how I loved this book, let me count the ways. 

I love how this book made me feel when I was reading it. It made me so freaking giddy and excited. I literally texted my bestie all day to tell her how much I was loving reading this book. It reminded me why I love reading, the escape and happiness reading provides. I didn’t think about anything I had going on, I fell completely into Lake and Cage’s world.

I love how this book made me fall in love. Lake Jones is a FANTASTIC character, fantastic! She has a below the knee amputation and her job is to tests advanced prothesis. She is helping her brilliant employer end physical disabilities. What I loved about Lake, she faced adversity and grew from it. She isn’t super woman, she is still very human and her feelings were completely genuine. However, she decided she was going to move on, be confident and she did. 

I love the idea that ONE moment can forever change your life. There have been several moments for Lake, but that moment when she met Cage her thought process changed. Lake’s life had just fallen to pieces when she first meets Cage. They spent one day together and that day brought her life into perspective and changed her. It’s years later when we Lake and Cage meet again. He is now a professional football player and she is the brave girl who is ready to win over her ONE.

I love how this book made me feel and think, but wasn’t too heavy. I mean this message and some parts of this story hurt my heart, but reading a book and feeling things is a powerful thing. When an author can bring characters to life so that you truly FEEL it’s an amazing thing. This book changed how I think and that is another powerful thing. Think about how many things try to alter our opinions and thoughts, well Jewel E. Ann did it through her characters. Lake made me want to be more.

Lastly, I love how this book stayed with me. It has been days since I read it and I still love it the same way I did when I finished. Truthfully, writing this review makes me want to pick the book back up and reread it. I am so freaking excited for tomorrow when I can read the extended epilogue in the final copy. I am also so excited for my friends who will be reading this one tomorrow so I can relive my favorite moments with them.

This book, it’s perfection to me. Very rarely do I feel inclined to post on social media when I finish an awesome book. However, this book just needed to be shouted from the rooftop, or from a FB post. I want everyone to read this book, because I truly believe it has so many parts that people will love. I absolutely, 100% recommend!

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

Oneteaser5 2

Purchase links:

AMAZON / iBOOKS

 

Author Bio

Jewel E. Ann

Adult Contemporary Romance Author

www.annajon.es

Jewel is a free-spirited romance junkie with a quirky sense of humor.
With 10 years of flossing lectures under belt, she took early retirement from her dental hygiene career to stay home with her three awesome boys and manage the family business.
After her best friend of nearly 30 years suggested a few books from the contemporary Romance genre, Jewel was hooked. Devouring two and three books a week but still craving more, she decided to practice sustainable reading, AKA writing.
When she’s not donning her cape and saving the planet one tree a a time, she enjoys yoga with friends, good food with family, rock climbing with her kids, watching How I Met Your Mother reruns, and of course . . .heart-wrenching, tear-jerking, panty-scorching novels.

Author Links

 

Keep up with Jewel & Sign up for her Newsletter:

Click here

Giveaway

Timbuk2Giveaway

No comments

Post a Comment