August 9, 2016

Review - Hard Rules by Lisa Renee Jones


Lisa Renee Jones can deliver suspense and a cliffhanger like no other. When I get to the end of her books I am always left begging for more. Hard Rules is no exception. This is the first book in the series and gives a lot of background information so that you can have a solid foundation going forward. 

Shane Brandon is a good guy in a bad family. When we meet him he has just moved back to Denver to take over this family’s company. His dad is dying and his brother is corrupt. Shane isn’t like his family though, he is an honest guy, a successful attorney. Jones comparing Shane to Jax Teller is what had me jumping to read this book. Shane is sexy, raw, but I also saw so many great qualities honest qualities. 

Emily is Shane’s love interest and she is full of secrets too. Even though the story is told through dual point of view I was left guessing and speculating. Emily and Shane build this unexpected connection, but where does she stand? I am so intrigued by Emily and I want to like her, but I am also leery of what she is hiding. 

I will be honest this book at times felt slower. I actually think so much of that came from the amount of information we had to have to build the rest of the series. Regardless, I was left wanting more, I was left wanting answers and guessing for what’s to come. I can only imagine what’s to come for these characters, but I know it will be addictive and shocking. 

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. 

No comments

Post a Comment